Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK

THE TM MWS thread


Wo1f
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

The coating wears out on steel as well. GP, Angry Gun etc. are all replicas, toy parts. Have you seen real steel fire selector and how it is made? 

 

My PTW (a toy) has steel parts, and still looks good after 13 years! My MWS has shit pot metal parts and is wearing after less than 7 days....

 

There is a reason other companies are making them out of steel. I want them in steel, also AMBI as I mentioned before. Are you just here to argue with me or can you comment if the G&P or Gunsmodify parts are any better? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, quango2k said:

 

My PTW (a toy) has steel parts, and still looks good after 13 years! My MWS has shit pot metal parts and is wearing after less than 7 days....

 

There is a reason other companies are making them out of steel. I want them in steel, also AMBI as I mentioned before. Are you just here to argue with me or can you comment if the G&P or Gunsmodify parts are any better? 

What charging handle are you running. It is the only metal part I've considered replacing but heard bad things about angry gun. probably gonna leave it stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gunbod007 said:

What charging handle are you running. It is the only metal part I've considered replacing but heard bad things about angry gun. probably gonna leave it stock.

I got the Angry gun Geiselle one, fits just fine :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/01/2021 at 17:53, AlphaBear said:

For those who want to know what power you get from using Abbey Ultra Predator gas (the one that comes in a red can) see the attached pic. I did some testing using 0.3 Geoffs and 0.2 Excels at a temperature of 20c (I do believe). The left side shows a virgin G&P bolt carrier group. On the right is the standard Marui bolt. The max figure for the G&P bolt was 387fps!! With the Marui bolt it was 329fps on 0.2s. Interesting results eh? The mag was filled up each time fresh of course which explains the initial high power.

 

E71CA959-B832-4185-9094-2B6E3AA31BAA.jpeg

Looks like I need to buy that G&P bolt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, quango2k said:

 

My PTW (a toy) has steel parts, and still looks good after 13 years! My MWS has shit pot metal parts and is wearing after less than 7 days....

 

There is a reason other companies are making them out of steel. I want them in steel, also AMBI as I mentioned before. Are you just here to argue with me or can you comment if the G&P or Gunsmodify parts are any better? 

OK I just don’t see how a bit of wear on a toy is a problem, anyway, I made the ambi selector out of a real steel piece on my MWS so dunno how better is GP or other toy manufacturer. BTW I did that only because it was cheaper to do it using a real steel part than buying a (overpriced) toy part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Make sure you buy the correct bolt, they make one for the Marui stock  and one for the G&P stock. Get the one designated Marui stock tube unless that is you have the G&P buffer tube fitted...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

OK I just don’t see how a bit of wear on a toy is a problem, anyway, I made the ambi selector out of a real steel piece on my MWS so dunno how better is GP or other toy manufacturer. BTW I did that only because it was cheaper to do it using a real steel part than buying a (overpriced) toy part.

Oh I like that any walk thoughts on it? 

 

scale of 1/10 how hard is it

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Make sure you buy the correct bolt, they make one for the Marui stock  and one for the G&P stock. Get the one designated Marui stock tube unless that is you have the G&P buffer ube fitted...

Good tip thanks 

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Make sure you buy the correct bolt, they make one for the Marui stock  and one for the G&P stock. Get the one designated Marui stock tube unless that is you have the G&P buffer ube fitted...

is it a whole bolt and nozzle too or just the BCG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gunbod007 said:

Oh I like that any walk thoughts on it? 

 

scale of 1/10 how hard is it

Good tip thanks 

 

You're welcome...Plus they make three colours....... there's a youtube video somewhere showing a G&P chap showing off all three 'colours'... I mean it's not like a PTW cylinder where the colour designates the power of the cylinder. I guess you can just bling up the MWS as you see fit (black, silver and hell yeah GOLD baby lol)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

 

You're welcome...Plus they make three colours....... there's a youtube video somewhere showing a G&P chap showing off all three 'colours'... I mean it's not like a PTW cylinder where the colour designates the power of the cylinder. I guess you can just bling up the MWS as you see fit (black, silver and hell yeah GOLD baby lol)

Dumb question, I can buy this whole thing and just drop it in, no assembly/other bits needed?

I haven't been airlsofting in ages and don't have a chrono. So I am going to see how predator ultra gas handles in my local CQB in Newbury (after lockdown) I am sure the lower TM sock FPS will be fine but it is tempting to get this bolt straight away ad just run heavier bbs instead of an npas. I don' know maybe is kind of a dick move as its gonna sting

 

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 00.02.14.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Oh I like that any walk thoughts on it? 

 

scale of 1/10 how hard is it

 

There are 2 ways:

1. milling the real steel complete ambi selector (I was close but not close enough so it was not working properly on SAFE)

2. Using only the right hand side switch and fitting it to the Marui one sided selector. This one is easy, you just need dremel and threading tool. You can find a picture of it posted 1 or 2 pages back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Dumb question, I can buy this whole thing and just drop it in, no assembly/other bits needed?

I haven't been airlsofting in ages and don't have a chrono. So I am going to see how predator ultra gas handles in my local CQB in Newbury (after lockdown) I am sure the lower TM sock FPS will be fine but it is tempting to get this bolt straight away ad just run heavier bbs instead of an npas. I don' know maybe is kind of a dick move as its gonna sting

 

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 00.02.14.png

No no don't do that.... you'll be over the joules limit with the G&P bolt and be frog marched off the site... well the gun will be banned... The G&P bolt carrier group is a drop in module... It's also not the only one around... my advice is to stick with the Marui bolt.. you really don't need the G&P bolt carrier group. The stock Marui bolt is absolutely fine. Just get a SIXG brass nub and a High Speed buffer. The brass nub will allow you to lift heavier ammo. You can also change the hop rubber to a modify tan rubber for better lifting.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

No no don't do that.... you'll be over the joules limit with the G&P bolt and be frog marched off the site... well the gun will be banned... The G&P bolt carrier group is a drop in module... It's also not the only one around... my advice is to stick with the Marui bolt.. you really don't need the G&P bolt carrier group. The stock Marui bolt is absolutely fine. Just get a SIXG brass nub and a High Speed buffer. The brass nub will allow you to lift heavier ammo. You can also change the hop rubber to a modify tan rubber for better lifting.... 

Yeah have been considering the XISG brass nub, but deffo feel like I should just play with it stock for a bit. I will look into the high speed buffer. That just for RoF? and UAC I assume.

 

Also on the FPS your .3s come under 350 which is my sight limit but I suppose with weather and variations could be a risk. Plus the joule creep on a .3 at 350 is probably unfair.

7 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

No no don't do that.... you'll be over the joules limit with the G&P bolt and be frog marched off the site... well the gun will be banned... The G&P bolt carrier group is a drop in module... It's also not the only one around... my advice is to stick with the Marui bolt.. you really don't need the G&P bolt carrier group. The stock Marui bolt is absolutely fine. Just get a SIXG brass nub and a High Speed buffer. The brass nub will allow you to lift heavier ammo. You can also change the hop rubber to a modify tan rubber for better lifting.... 

Yeah I have seen the UAC lightweight bolt was but was a bit meh. The g&p power increase looks good for longer ranges

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remember site limits are usually based on 350fps for 0.2's or the joule equivalent... so based on my figures the G&P bolt is running way too hot.. Incidentally I had to buy a separate G&P NPAS just to dial down the power... however I haven't installed it as yet....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Remember site limits are usually based on 350fps for 0.2's or the joule equivalent... so based on my figures the G&P bolt is running way too hot.. Incidentally I had to buy a separate G&P NPAS just to dial down the power... however I haven't installed it as yet....

Ah I see haven't been in so long couldn't remember if the limit was based on what you were running or .2s. Makes sense 

 

Damn this SixG stuff looks impressive. Deffo considering the nub and maybe the high speed buffer too. Seems optimal for semi only running but a slight pain on full auto. Full auto is not ideal for GBB with 35 rounds anyway haha


My whole play style is gonna change I can feel it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Ah I see haven't been in so long couldn't remember if the limit was based on what you were running or .2s. Makes sense 

 

Damn this SixG stuff looks impressive. Deffo considering the nub and maybe the high speed buffer too. Seems optimal for semi only running but a slight pain on full auto. Full auto is not ideal for GBB with 35 rounds anyway haha


My whole play style is gonna change I can feel it.

 

Well put it like this, at £50 per mag playing on full auto means you need lots of mags to get through a game without having to faff around reloading in the field so that can be almost the same cost as the rifle or as you say you adapt your play style accordingly to the GBBR... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

 

Well put it like this, at £50 per mag playing on full auto means you need lots of mags to get through a game without having to faff around reloading in the field so that can be almost the same cost as the rifle or as you say you adapt your play style accordingly to the GBBR... 

 

Unless you want to be silly and go with a drum mag 😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

 

Unless you want to be silly and go with a drum mag 😱


Wash your mouth out with a bottle of whiskey young man! The thought of a drum mag on a MWS 😱😱😱😱😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:


Wash your mouth out with a bottle of whiskey young man! The thought of a drum mag on a MWS 😱😱😱😱😱

Hmm... I already have 3 hpa drums and 2 hpa hi caps for my other gbbrs. But that kills the realism. Unless it’s hpa mag well made to accept aeg mags. Hmm :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
11 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Unless it’s hpa mag well made to accept aeg mags. Hmm :)


That could be done, one company did make them for WE GBB M4’s, no reason why it couldn’t be done for the MWS.

 

Im working on one for the KWA Vector lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Hmm... I already have 3 hpa drums and 2 hpa hi caps for my other gbbrs. But that kills the realism. Unless it’s hpa mag well made to accept aeg mags. Hmm :)

Please no one HPA an MWS haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Please no one HPA an MWS haha

Fluffy kittens will die if this happens 😱😱😱
 

image.jpeg.b162a81b98490d7fec1ab1a2c6563f04.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
12 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Please no one HPA an MWS haha


Too late 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I just found out that this is a thing: https://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p755/TM_MWS_M4_Mag_Adapter.html

If this is what I think it is, it will look completely disgusting when actually in the gun... But I'm tempted to buy it to find out just how bad it looks.. You know... For science?

 

edit: I wonder how this would look if you used an EPM-1 short. Yes, your gun will be kinda tall but you'll also get 170 round midcaps! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:


That could be done, one company did make them for WE GBB M4’s, no reason why it couldn’t be done for the MWS.

 

Im working on one for the KWA Vector lol

That was alyanairsoft, but he’s no longer selling them (moved on to one of airsoft manufacturers). There a guy in Russia though, who’s continuing his work:

https://facebook.com/KuzminSolutions/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
29 minutes ago, ajumma said:

So I just found out that this is a thing: https://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p755/TM_MWS_M4_Mag_Adapter.html

If this is what I think it is, it will look completely disgusting when actually in the gun... But I'm tempted to buy it to find out just how bad it looks.. You know... For science?

 

edit: I wonder how this would look if you used an EPM-1 short. Yes, your gun will be kinda tall but you'll also get 170 round midcaps! 


No, that’s hideous. The correct way is to mount a custom MWS mag top in the magwell, with a micro line coming out of the grip or stock.

 

Then you just slap a normal AEG mag into the magwell

2 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

That was alyanairsoft, but he’s no longer selling them (moved on to one of airsoft manufacturers). There a guy in Russia though, who’s continuing his work:

https://facebook.com/KuzminSolutions/


Yup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...