First airsoft experience

awestie90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so yesterday was my first taste of airsoft!  I went to the gaol in Leicester and had awesome time. I liked the different game types and the site was awesome loved going through the old prison site! the staff were very nice and always happy to help. meet up with @LightningCh who is such a nice guy and helped me a long the way! I will definitely be going back again!

I mean I know you enjoyed it because I was there lol, but I will be honest I was worried that CQB may throw a first timer off (it can be painful, ref. my arm after the first game lol, that mark is still there even now btw).

I second all that he said about teh site (put up your review in the reviews section as well so everyone can read it! ;))
But I guess the CQB wasn't enough to put you off though and we will definitely have to do it again! :D

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

I mean I know you enjoyed it because I was there lol, but I will be honest I was worried that CQB may throw a first timer off (it can be painful, ref. my arm after the first game lol, that mark is still there even now btw).

I second all that he said about teh site (put up your review in the reviews section as well so everyone can read it! ;))
But I guess the CQB wasn't enough to put you off though and we will definitely have to do it again! :D

You are not a proper CQB player until your arms look like you have junkie scars :D

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

You are not a proper CQB player until your arms look like you have junkie scars :D

I've only been twice and I keep my arms tucked tight lol, They are getting there though! XD

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Only messing best thing to do is keep them covered. Airsoft herpes is not pretty and a lot of the scars never fade away completely.

I had a hoodie on XD
It was -2 Celsius at the time of impact lol

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

I only ever wear a t-shirt regardless of weather as I hate anything on my arms but always recommend to others to cover up.

fair enough, it can be annoying lol.

I'll confess to being a CQB wimp :D Covered arms - even just a compression shirt, but usually something a bit heavier like a UBACs. Armour gloves too! Surprising how often you get a whack on the knuckles or a finger nail!

I didn't find the Gaol to be CQB, more urban style.  Proper CQB was definitely Bravo 1. Came out of there looking like I'd got chicken pox:D

1 minute ago, warlord said:

I'll confess to being a CQB wimp :D Covered arms - even just a compression shirt, but usually something a bit heavier like a UBACs. Armour gloves too! Surprising how often you get a whack on the knuckles or a finger nail!

I didn't find the Gaol to be CQB, more urban style.  Proper CQB was definitely Bravo 1. Came out of there looking like I'd got chicken pox:D

With you on that, I mean I spent a lot of time indoors, but I think it was more friendly kills in the E wing lol
Bravo 1 is definitely CQB, Loved my first CQB there. 36 players were trapped on the 2 floors though due to LARP on the 2nd floor lol

• Supporters

Great to hear that you enjoyed it, and yes, close-ish quarters does give quite the adrenaline rush.  I took one in the ear lobe last time out and leaked some Hero Juice; the wife was just thrilled that I've got such a sensible hobby. ;)

On 26/02/2018 at 8:23 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

thats one thing I kind of regret about airsoft, my arms are covered in little brown circles lol. not that noticeable though 

10 minutes ago, Josh95 said:

thats one thing I kind of regret about airsoft, my arms are covered in little brown circles lol. not that noticeable though 

Yeah my arm still has the mark even now lol, think I'll buy a new hoodie that's a little thicker for next time and be even more of a wimp lol.

CQB is such a ball ache but can be fun. They operate a 'kill-house' at X-Site which is ultra CQB. When I say ultra CQB btw, I want you to look at the walls in your bedroom. You will not be engaging people at a greater distance than that. Caught 3 bbs straight in the bingo-wing region and left some nice looking marks 

Archived