Ranger Green Plate carrier with Multicam or Kryptek Mandrake.

Conor5921
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Personally, neither. Green on green will look great though. End of the day as long as you like it pick whichever. 

My personal opinion, mandrake. It’s a much better choice than Multicam, especially for UK foliage, I swear by it. But try and get the mandrake carrier too!

Coyote brown/tan is probably a better suited combo to multicam, in terms of looks.

Ranger green would be better suited to Mandrake. As stated above though, a ranger green plate carrier on a ranger green top is going to look much better.

Judging by the request I guess you already bought the carrier..

Green goes well with everything, it's just a matter of how effective a camouflage is. Choose the one that blends in the most in your field.

Even if it's pink.

Ranger green with multicam given the choice, the mandrake maybe a bit clashy.

I did a Ranger green carrier with MTP but changed to just mtp on mtp... it just wasn't quite right. The green was too strong.

Ranger green may look good on Tiger stripe or as Gepard said; green on green. But the right green :D

Better yet, green on green upper and camo trousers....

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Judging by the request I guess you already bought the carrier..

Green goes well with everything, it's just a matter of how effective a camouflage is. Choose the one that blends in the most in your field.

Even if it's pink.

I haven't already bought it, im just trying to get something that will look good and be effective, I really like the look of multi cam with coyote tan but I have a green LVOA-S and not sure it would match, and also I'm not sure how multicam with tan plate carrier would suit my local, it's half woodlands and half little wooden shacks etc.

• Supporters

Here's a couple photos I picked online that could help decide. 

988ce7f320fbd0a0e25f63ce45d21350.jpg

33 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I did a Ranger green carrier with MTP but changed to just mtp on mtp... it just wasn't quite right. 

Agree with the above.

ranger-green-6094a-semapo-02_shop1_23174

Whilst camo can work really well given certain parameters are met, I think using what you like is far more important regardless whether it matches or not.

Here’s my ranger green plate carrier setup, I originally had some multicam pouches but since the base of multicam is tan/coyote it was just too light so I spray painted them to match which actually has turned out really well. 

Keep in mind that ranger green is close to olive green, less bright and more dull, I think it’s great on it’s own and mix it with digital woodland bdu’s.

1F2874C9-23E2-4FD1-9573-5F97FC45BDDC.jpeg

LOL... in that case mine wasn't actually Ranger Green! DOH! :D

Mine was more... green green. Nameless bad guy in the A-team green.

The RAL 7013 looks Olive drab on my screen, nice.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Pritch said:

Ranger green is RAL 7013 which is technically “brown grey” so keep that in mind.

Never heard that one before.. do you actually own gear in both?  I've seen a lot of 7013, own a lot of RG from FS and Crye.. sure looks like a different colour to my eyes.  Close, sure, but I've been collecting gear a little while now and I'd never call them technically the same.  RG is Green, that's why it's called green.

I know it’s a bit odd, but I’ve found that out because I’ve spray painted some gear to match my RG stuff, so I had to find out the exact colour to match and I tested by spraying it onto the RG stuff and it’s a perfect match.

• Supporters

Not sure how paint relates really, I've seen lots of RAL clothing/nylon gear and lots of RG from various brands and they are straight up different colours of fabric.  But if that's your summation on the topic I'll just agree to disagree in that regard since I don't physically have a piece of RAL clothing here to provide relevant empirical proof.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived