BFGs and are they worth it?

jxjcksn3
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hoping you chaps and chapesses can learn me a thing innit - I've got this itch to buy a BFG and it won't go.  Currently torn between TRMR and Oshiboom with the price difference being roughly £30.

Any opinions/reviews on these models? I'll put the question to you all... Is it worth buying a BFG?  Or should you stick to the one use paper badboys.

Yours aye,

Connor

Depends how many disposable ones you go through , if you use a lot then they are worth it in the long run as they save cash but add the annoyance of having to collect them. 

I carry two reusable grenades. One timed and one impact, I purposefully didn't go for the multibang option because it doesn't suit my play style of using bang after bang just to get an objective cleared I use my two bangs then wont reload them until a game is over or is turned around. Saying that the TRMR seems to be the go to bang for most people so they don't have to carry more than one bang as they have 5/6 rounds per grenade as opposed to the traditional BFG.

If you want to carry less go for the TRMR. 

Edit: Depending on where you play also depends on the BFG, I can use my timed pretty much anywhere as it doesn't rely on a hard surface to go off.

Because of the under arm rule most sites use. Has anyone ever tried attaching something like paracord to their grenade for woodland use? 

Just now, ghostwalker said:

Because of the under arm rule most sites use. Has anyone ever tried attaching something like paracord to their grenade for woodland use? 

So you can pull it back after throwing it? 

Just cover it in brightly coloured self adhesive wrap, personally I wouldn't use one in woodland at all.

Just now, Sacarathe said:

TRMR goes off on grass though. :) Supposedly waterproof for maritime use but i've not yet found how to disassemble it.

When you say grass... I don't know many woodland sites that aren't caked in a soft-ish mud all year round, hence if i was going to use a BFG in woodland it would be a timed.

22 minutes ago, badshotbob said:

I think the worse thing with TRMR's are head injuries. seen three times people get hit on the head by people throwing unsafely TRMR's.

Meh id stop playing there!!

43 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Meh id stop playing there!!

Nah can't knock the marshal's they instruct the correct usage and jump on anyone not following the rules.

Fair enough but If the same mistake has happened three times id be concerned though....

Needs a special mention in safety brief or banning altogether!! 

I have two timed SWAT BFG and a impact multi shot (Alpha Tec, cant say I am to happy with it but the TRMR are reliable so I hear), I use them mainly for CQB, I find in close quarters the time it takes you to strie a phyro they are already aware due to the sound what is about to happen and have moved already. I play at the The Jail often and find BFG good there, Woodlands I normaly revert back to phyro as I dont have to try to find them after throwing, plus your limited to under arm only.

On 28/02/2017 at 0:57 PM, Sacarathe said:

TRMR goes off on grass though. :) Supposedly waterproof for maritime use but i've not yet found how to disassemble it.

Last game I went to was chucking it down all day to the point we may as well have been playing in a swamp. It got to the point that the bfgs getting thrown around were going splash instead of bang. By the end of the day they'd given up throwing them and the disposable ones were too wet to light so there were about 3 or 4 guys with lighters acting as grenadiers for our whole team

Archived