Help lining up the two optics

skillfulmmd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I just picked up an EOTECH holo clone to use with my rear magnifier scope but I'm having issues lining up the holo sights dot with the magnifier.

If you look at the images here you can see that the rear optic seems to not sit flush and the red dot is well off when looking down straight.

http://imgur.com/a/gmyms

If anyone has any advice on fixing this that would be great!

• Supporters

The only way I managed to get the front end of my magnifier to go low enough to look through an EoTech style sight was to take the front wedge block adjuster out completely.

Unfortunately, the cheap clone optics ended up giving me a shitty, blurred sight image and I quickly realised that if something was actually in range, then chances are I can see it perfectly well unmagnified. One of the biggest mistakes new players often make is thinking that their gun fires far enough to need a magnified optic to see what they're shooting at!

I was lucky with my EoTech and magnifier.

Align perfectly. However, bloody heavy. On subsequent rifles I've just gone for an optic with built in magnification like an ACOG or one of the L3 optics. Takes up less room and is a lot lighter.

Archived