RiF UKARA -- Ruining my enjoyment

ik0uuu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Law is a bit stupid, as I see it, what stops you being gifted an IF from a parent, then playing airsoft and keeping a record that you have been and then converting it to a RIF?

Your defence is that you play airsoft and there is nothing in the VCRA that says an under `8 cannot convert their gun, only purchase is regulated.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Your defence is that you play airsoft and there is nothing in the VCRA that says an under `8 cannot convert their gun, only purchase is regulated.

No, it states you cannot manufacture a RIF with out a defence. Converting an IF to a RIF is classed as manufacturing.

Also it's the sale (or seller) that's legally (well covered by the VCRA) regulated.

No, it states you cannot manufacture a RIF with out a defence. Converting an IF to a RIF is classed as manufacturing.

Also it's the sale (or seller) that's legally (well covered by the VCRA) regulated.

But you can have the Airsoft defence without having UKARA(which is 18 only for obvious reasons).

I'm glad to hear this from you, as I had been itching to point this out to you for a long while, but I didn't give you the fairest shake when you arrived - but now someone's put you in your place (I know nothing about that), it's good to address to as an equal at last. :)

And good to hear you talk about this, I imagine now you're making a business of it you're consulting a lawyer to get this opinion? I would hope the yellow gun above is two-tone, though I can see how the red one might not be "bright red" or might not be a solid enough block of red.

Though to be fair, MANY airsoft retailers don't use "bright" colours, ie lime green, neon purple, cyan, yellow, etc.

Can you give us some examples of your custom two-tones which have been approved - or you believe to be approved?

I haven't any examples to be honest. I get plenty of enquiries but generally have to tell people that their desired finish wouldn't be classed as a 2 tone. In the end they go with a regular 2 tone but if it's done right and with certain colours it can still look ok. As to the red on the Mandalorian M4 not being dright enough that might be down to the photos. You couldn't really get any "redder".

Latest 2 tone that I sent out last week was bright purple.

Update - After seeing me airsofting yesterday at my local site, my stepdad who was against returning to the sport has finally given in! He's making a return and is purchasing rifles accordingly & getting his UKARA registration in order!

Update - After seeing me airsofting yesterday at my local site, my stepdad who was against returning to the sport has finally given in! He's making a return and is purchasing rifles accordingly & getting his UKARA registration in order!

Hmm, been airsoft 2 years have you? Wait till I tell your mother!

I didn't want to come back as it's an addictive hobby, plus Its been probably 12yrs since I last ran out on the skirmish field at spectre war games.

I sold all my airsoft gear to fund a model railway, now I'm selling the remains of the railway to start airsoft in again.

GAH, I must be mad doing this again at my age, and fitness levels. Better make sure the boys not in the will!

Not going to happen, I assure you Sacarathe XD

This is a shame, I know you're just a kid and eager to play but you come across as a pretentious CoD kid that only cares about appearances. you ask for others opinions, get told cold hard facts and look to try breaking the law to get around this. You're nothing more than an arsehole and I fully back anyone that you consider was being "rude" to you.

I'm out, please stop polluting our forums.

Yes. Drew quite often comes off as being rude, very rude or even obnoxious. It's not entirely his own fault, he is very high functioning autistic. Everything in his world needs to be perfect, if a gun is supposed to be black, then it has to be black. A two tone weapon is just wrong in his eyes and there is nothing you or I can do to convince him otherwise. Let's not get him started on uniform or gun stats or you'll never shut him up.

Archived