Krytac CRB or ICS CXP-APE or more budget -new G&G CM16 SR-L

inSUBout

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am new to airsoft (less than a year) so any opinions would be much appreciated.

So far (and I am open to more options out there) I like the look of:

• Krytac CRB - people seem to be saying its very good out of the box, and well worth the money
  • ICS cxp Ape - split gearbox, new sexy design

Both seem to be fairly new out and around the same £300 mark. Is there anything better out there for around this price? (out of the box)

Or - a different idea... I am being very tempted by the new G&G Combat Machine CM16, SR lot. I have heard G&G are very good in testing the guns and fixing issues etc, so they must be alright & 3 round burst ! :o and these new SR versions are under £190. They are now out: http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-combat-machine-srl-cm16-sr-l.html

Or - again another different idea, the GHK G5 (yes GBB). I have owned a WE scar gbb open bolt, loved it. I really do not mind AEG or GBB- i know the pro's and con's fairly well...kinda. The carbine kit or DMR kits for the G5 looks good also however, that would make the fps around the 400 mark so not great & apparently the nozzle regulator valve thing makes the G5 fire v inconsistent.

anyways, let me know your thoughts, Pics of the four rifles mentioned are attached.

thank you

post-11660-0-94769600-1436385670_thumb.jpg

post-11660-0-82937600-1436385671_thumb.jpg

post-11660-0-70754800-1436385672_thumb.jpg

post-11660-0-14477900-1436385714_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Ics Cxp Ape= Nice to look at build is ok nothing exciting.

Krytac CRB= Good internals well built. Nothing particularly new but everything that is there is good.

G&G= Lots of people like them I dont. Its the airsoft equivalent of beige its boring and nothing exciting.

Ghk= Not a clue

Get the Krytac new kid on the block and setting a new standard. Just change the grip because thats awful.

• Supporters

I throw my two pennies in:

ICS: cant't say, i never owned an ICS through my friend does and hes had nothing but trouble especially with that split gearbox, all it allows you to do it quick change the spring and check the AOE but you can do that with;

Krytac CRB: Good gun out of the box (mine is still in its box, havn't bout a case for it yet), well made, built in MOSFET (though its only a single signal wire version), quick change spring etc. My only gripes are the pistol grip looks like it comes from an LPEG so change that, the flash hider is made from plastic and is glued on.

G&G CM16: Good gun for starters though the receiver is made from plastic unlike the other two which are metal (i am assuming for the ICS) however the gearbox is made the same as G&Gs GT Advanced range so already reinforced and radius'ed with decent gears and motor. It will be enough to get you by.

GHK A5: i know nothing about this one

So if i were you:

Money no object = get the Krytac

Money is an object = Get the G&G

I will also throw a fast ball and say have you considered the G&G TR4-18 series? I think its slightly cheaper than the Krytac, has a built in double signal wire MOSFET (IMO much better as motor wires completely bypasses the trigger contacts), has a nice if useless pneumatic blowback feature, Given the choice i would probably choose my TR4-18 over my Krytac CRB any day.

Anyways heres a review video i made of the Krytac CRB:

• Supporters

Then your friends a rarity or got one of the very early split gearboxes. Ics internals are one of the best around at the moment.

Agree about the grip on the Krytac its terrible but thats an easy fix. As for the TR4-18 being better personal preference but I reckon the krytac gearbox is probably the best stock box out there and the G&Gs have had loads of issues with the mosfets so for me I reckon the Krytac is better, but to be fair I am not a fan of G&Gs so maybe a bit biased.

• Supporters

None of them are real guns they are all toys so that dont matter.

At the end of the day buy what puts a smile on your face.

To some people it might, to some the draw of airsoft is that it looks realistic so I was just pointing out that the G5 doesn't exist as a real firearm as opposed to say an m4 or g36 that does. The OP said they're new to airsoft so it's something worth pointing out as he may not have been aware.

Of course ultimately it doesn't matter but it's something worth knowing nonetheless as it might be a factor in the decision.

Thanks for all the comments, they are great, keep them coming.

As for the G&G, the new cm16 SR variants come with mofset, electric trigger and program for three round burst, pretty good for the price.

The krytac seems to be the winner so far.

GHK G5 would be my choice if Im looking for the most fun, it not being a replica or a real steal does not bother me.

Hmmmm

• Supporters

Then your friends a rarity or got one of the very early split gearboxes. Ics internals are one of the best around at the moment.

Agree about the grip on the Krytac its terrible but thats an easy fix. As for the TR4-18 being better personal preference but I reckon the krytac gearbox is probably the best stock box out there and the G&Gs have had loads of issues with the mosfets so for me I reckon the Krytac is better, but to be fair I am not a fan of G&Gs so maybe a bit biased.

Yah i think his gun is quite old TBH.

About the TR4-18 i forgot to add that i teched mine up from the day i got it.

The first thing i did was remove the MOSFET they installed and put in my own GATE Nano AAB MOSFET in there instead so no more MOSFET problems for me, i also shimmed, regreased etc etc the rest of the AEG so it shoots in a perfect line witha good 120 foot range on it using .25g bbs

• Supporters

New G&G has the trigger module - not classic old skool trigger n switch

basically it is a module with micro switch & trigger housed as one module

All sounds great but like cars - gone are days you replace that bit or spring/clip thingy

nope it is a whole new module or you gotta buy spares from main dealers

mosfet's haven't been G&G's strong point in the past but hopefully they have improved

the donkey work is done with the fet wired in for you & the new CM receiver looks lovely

and the rear stock looks damn nice for crane stock too

However it is still a polymer CM @ £185 and when you approach £200 there are other guns to consider

£150 30th GC16 is excellent value for money from airsoft world, you should be able to buy the kong wizard for £10

plop it in as a plug n play module for the moment on 7.4v lipo, then you or get a techy to hard wire it in when you service

or upgrade a few bits inside later on.... (the Kong is a FULL £35 mosfet mofo unlike avacado burst wizard)

£160 - full metal M4 what ever burst bollox you want without bespoke modern trigger crap

But yes the CM SR range looks nice - just that I'm old skool

Your money - your gun, Krytac everybody is rating them as good step up from starter guns

not got one yet - so can't say....

but good to see a new gun getting lots of good reviews - assures you to know the extra cash is well spent

Guest PT247

That is why I run a hi-cap in mine and have a longer barrel..... although barrel length has very little to do with range or accuracy.

DSC_0107_zpsmrwfe46w.jpg

• Supporters

That is why I run a hi-cap in mine and have a longer barrel..... although barrel length has very little to do with range or accuracy.

DSC_0107_zpsmrwfe46w.jpg

Thats a nice looking gun its making me tempted to buy one. Your right about barrel length though once you get past the 220mm mark it doesn't make much difference.

DSC_0107_zpsmrwfe46w.jpg

Nice that looks great, is that with the DMR kit or the carbine kit? Running off of HPA?

Im wondering what the FPS is on say a GHK G5 with DMR kit with 6:03 barrel say, how can I get the FPS down but keep the accuracy from the barrel etc :(.

Guest PT247

Is the carbine kit but with a further barrel extension, yup hpa.

You can fit a 1j nozzle but if you fit a tbb you may still end up over 350fps. the standard barrel on the base gun gives around 330fps. If I were to run mine on the gas mags it would be around 500fps with Nuprol 4.0 gas.

Guest PT247

The ghk barrels are pretty good tbh and don't need changing. I had to change mine to allow me to run the hi-cap mag at a safe pressure.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.