SCAR's

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As a new player I'm looking for a SCAR rather than the countless M4/16's I see everywhere (Nothing wrong with them mind you) I just want to be a little different.

So could I have some suggestions on the best all round AEG SCAR you can get for roughly £300?

Thanks guys as ever, any help is much appreciated.

I think the VFC scar is a bit higher than that but has a good reputation and goes for less second hand. There is also the G&G and WE aeg scars around that price but I don't know what one performs better.

I think most scars on the market are around that price(maybe not dboys or classic army) so you might want to rethink as you'll also need eye pro, mags batteries and a charger

You are probably better googling the main airsoft retailers to see which SCARs you can afford for your £300 budget then reading through some of the review posts on here to see the pros and cons. Few of us have SCARs but we naturally think the one we have is the best lol !

I have the G&G one !

• Supporters

I have the G&G SCAR L and it's great. Whether or not it's "best" is subjective but mine's great. I have added a BTC mosfet which has drastically improved the trigger response though.

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing that irritates me about the SCAR from G&G is how difficult it is to access the battery chamber in the stock. Having to slide the stock off each time and mess around with little pins is a PITA.

However, its a lovely compact rifle, not too heavy and sits just nicely when you aim it.

Its probably one of my favourites if not the favourite.

Externally I'd say the WE and G&G SCAR-L's are of a similar quality, both very nice.

Internally though the G&G will be better stock, not that the WE is particularly bad but it's just nothing special inside. Mine had pretty crap compression and the stock gears are naff, also shoots at only ~270fps ootb.

However the WE is considerably cheaper, and now I've quite heavily upgraded the internals on mine the trigger response is great and fps is much more reasonable. (mmm casv scar http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27288-how-to-fit-a-casv-rail-on-a-we-scar-l/)

WE also do the SCAR-H and SSR versions, which look awesome but not sure if you can get mid cap magazines for them which is a shame as they use a proprietary mag system.

• Supporters

The only thing that irritates me about the SCAR from G&G is how difficult it is to access the battery chamber in the stock. Having to slide the stock off each time and mess around with little pins is a PITA.

However, its a lovely compact rifle, not too heavy and sits just nicely when you aim it.

Its probably one of my favourites if not the favourite.

I know what you mean. I actually managed to bend one of the pins once being a bit cack handed. I've also managed to push the latch button in so far it wouldn't come back out. Once you get the knack it's ok though.

Mine now has a BTC Spectre mosfet and it's SOOOOOOO much better! Properly snappy trigger response.

Worth adding that, despite the good rep, the VFC SCAR L has a proprietary hop chamber. I wanted to buy one, but was advised against it by a retailer. If not for this, I would have bought one. Next year once i've played around with a few guns I probably will buy one though. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.