TM socom mk23 leak?

Kebabmeister

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I bought this Tokyo Marui mk23 socom about 2 years ago and it has been lying around since. While i load it with gas (not co2) it seems to take gas if i hold it in the right angle and when i start to shoot it can only fire about 20 bb's (clip size 28 and i've seen video where someone shot 170ish bb's with one full clip). I will provide answers if you need to know something. :huh:

• Supporters

Open the mags, remove all orings, remove and grease from them, put them in warm water overnight, then reassemble the mags with orings the following morning, making sure to apply a generous amount of silicon grease to the orings. You will get a much better seal often doing this.

• Supporters

It's a common maintenance thing for gas mags. Do that and it should fix your problem.

There seems to be a fun little problem. Socom mag cant be taken apart, so i need to lubricate/grease the O ring without taking the mag apart :unsure:

EDIT: There is a 3rd pin in the bottom of the mag that would have to be drilled out because it doesn't come out in the other side.

• Supporters

Hmm... Odd. Wait, on the pin, do you mean that the hole doesn't extend through both sides? That is an odd thing, especially for TM to do.

TM socom mags are not designed to come apart at the base, HOWEVER, it can be done and it's the square ring around the base plate that will be leaking, you need a correct sized drill bit, pillar drill, OCD and some replacement pins for re assembly, I have done a few now and most efforts I have tried to rectify from other people doing them and it not working have been in vain as the knacker the mag itself doing it

• Root Admin

Are you certain they cannot be punched out? I'm sure done but requires considerably more force that on, say, their Glock or 1911 magazines (the ones that have pins at the base that is). I've seen many a forum thread with this same discussion.

I remember reading this back in the day too: http://airsoft-guns-blog.pyramydair.com/2011/11/blog-post.html

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.