£400 aeg help

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys sorry to make a thread for this but i have been searching for a while and need some help. Im looking for an aeg for under £400 possibly something to customise and build up. The 2 that are sticking out to me at the moment is the g&g tr4-18 gen 2 and the g&p tmr 16" keymod. I really like the look of the keymod rails and heard g&p is a good base gun. Opinions would be great :) thanks

• Supporters

Are you registered with UKARA? If not, don't get anything. If you are going to spend that just on the gun, then it would be a waste to two tone it...

I own the G&G T4-18 gen 3 and a good friend uses the G&P M4 all be it with the monolithic rail not keymod. The key differences having fired both guns to me were:

- The hop in the G&P works better, is easier to dial in and the end result is it fired quite a bit further.

- The G&P externals look significantly better. The G&G is not great metal quality and the lack of smoothness shows on the finish. They also missed with the paint in a few places on mine whereas the G&P as far as I could tell was flawless. The marking on magazine well for the G&P was also better. Overall externals definitely go to the G&P.

- The G&P trigger was a shorter softer pull and trigger response was quite a bit quicker.

- The G&P felt like it was a lot heavier.

The usual saying is G&P is better externally (it really is) but the G&G is better internally. But based on the firing results side by side I think the G&P has a better end result. Having taken a look at the G&G internals I wasn't all that impressed with the quality of the parts, it may very well be that the G&P are worse but for a potential project gun to build on you are better off with good externals as the internals can be fixed if it doesn't shoot well.

So overall personally having seen both guns skirmished a lot over the last 6 months if I knew then what I know now I would buy the G&P without reservation, its simply the better gun objectively and subjectively. Its a lot more expensive as well, they aren't really in the same price brackets.

KeyMod is alright and lightweight but can be expensive for rail panels. The G&G T418 is good but let down by the MOSFET.

As M_P said KWA ERG or TM but I think the TM will have to be second hand to get it for 400, and the ERGs are incredibly hard to find now but they are both some of the best AEGs available.

• Supporters

KeyMod is alright and lightweight but can be expensive for rail panels. The G&G T418 is good but let down by the MOSFET.

As M_P said KWA ERG or TM but I think the TM will have to be second hand to get it for 400, and the ERGs are incredibly hard to find now but they are both some of the best AEGs available.

I think you can get the tm socom for £390

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.