How do I start an airsoft team?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am a novice to airsoft, I have been 3 times and am just about to get a G&G TR4 MOD0. I want to start an airsoft team with my friends, has anyone got some advice?

1) Say 'we are a team' to the lads

2) Rock up to a skirmish together

3) = a team

If you want to be some serious team and represent, get yourselves some team patches made or something, organise a uniform in one camouflage pattern? So you can easily identify each other.

As above there aren't any specific rules or declarations you have to make if that's kinda what you're asking.

• Supporters

Well, there isn't any rituals for starting a team, just grab a few people, come with a name (optional), maybe some walkie talkies and done :P

Yeah I'd agree with this. Some form of radio is really helpful, even if it's just for finding each other after respawn

I think you want to decide on what your goals are as a team.

There's loads of options ranging from a group of friends that play together, all the way through to groups that aim to have matching kit and may or may not emulate the look of a given military group. It isn't up to anyone but the people in your team to decide on what works best for you. Some groups like to have a fairly strict recruitment process whilst others are happy to accept people that are a good laugh, regardless of skill.

Guest PT247

only advice.... don't let your egos be better than yor skills... take your hits, learn to win by being better, not better at pretending to be good.

Me and my mates have just formed a "team".. We just had some patches made up and will use our nicknames as call signs, but generally like everyone said, just turn up and play. You can be as informal or as organised as you want...

We dont have roles or matching kit or a uniform, we dont even all play together at the same time.

The only time a proper team needs to be training, uniform and have roles etc is if you want to enter competitions and such...

• Supporters

"Hey dude, I'm starting a team called X wanna join?"

"yeah sounds alright"

Boom TEAM FORMED! Can't really be a team without a two or more members.

We are an "anti team, team" formed because there were strict requirements to join the other two on the site already and they talked the talk but didn't seem to walk the walk. Mind you they looked good while they lost badly.

The only things that ties us all together is a genuine love of the game, getting rounds down, copious use of pyro and having a damn good laugh while doing it. Individually our game styles are very different, some are great at the sneaky thing, others buildings are more their bag but we tend to try getting together every couple of months for a big game with less of us meeting up in between.

A good set of coms is a real bonus simply to facilitate rejoining your mates after returning from respawn. But it helps keeping you on a similar page.

• Supporters

Not a bad idea to get some training eventually, if for no other reason than that you'll pick up a common syntax for types of maneuvers and ways of shooting, which will make communicating amongst yourselves better when you're under pressure and also allow you to work more effectively with other ppl and/or teams who understand the same lingo. There are plenty of courses run by ex-military types, but it's probably best to find someone/s who have done that course and see how relevant to airsoft they found it. There are a few ex-military ppl around the UK airsoft scene whose egos are not conducive to imparting useful knowledge, shall we say, but there are also plenty of good people around whose attitude comes from a genuine desire to see people enjoy the sport more. Of course it's not necessary to get training in order to work effectively as a team, but like anything, getting tips from people who are better at it than you can't hurt...

• Supporters

I did a days training at the sandpit with a guy who was introduced as "serving SAS". He certainly knew his stuff and he put us through our paces doing room clearance. It was a great experience and has paid off improving my own skills, but it would be far more useful if I had done it with a few of the guys from the team that like cqb. Simply so we were all working from the same play book.

There are a couple of us who have had a little bit of training as part of cadets years ago or are now in the TA, plus one ex services guy, so things like fire and manoeuvre, hand signals and proper coms procedures or moving in a formation are useful skills we use together without too much faffing to get organised. and for some of us after 3 years playing together we have a fair idea of what people will do in given situations.

Training or more likely practicing skills together is worth a go. But don't let it get in the way of having a good time.

The marshals will allocate you a team on arrival :)

but if you want a squad within your team just get some radios, doesn't matter if your kit and patches don't match just say your UKSF and its job done.

Then just hope no one asks what channel your on, or you'll have to explain why some random can't join your chat haha. "Eerrrr well it's squad chat only mate sorry"

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.