General election

Jambo88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

From listening to the news I think Ed Miliband's plan is revealed. He is claiming to refuse a coalition with the SNP to not piss off the 'Middle England' voters. However this leaves him with a bit of a hole in terms of forming a government. The interesting comment I picked up on though was that he would still be willing to work with the SNP on policy. I reckon his plan if he is unable to form a majority government without the SNP is to attempt to form one anyway and hope the SNP will still vote labour's way in parliament on policy. If this is the case and he tries it then god help us and the 5 years of petty arguments that ensue. I think the best outcome now for the UK is a conservative majority, just so that they can actually try and make some progress.

From listening to the news I think Ed Miliband's plan is revealed. He is claiming to refuse a coalition with the SNP to not piss off the 'Middle England' voters. However this leaves him with a bit of a hole in terms of forming a government. The interesting comment I picked up on though was that he would still be willing to work with the SNP on policy. I reckon his plan if he is unable to form a majority government without the SNP is to attempt to form one anyway and hope the SNP will still vote labour's way in parliament on policy. If this is the case and he tries it then god help us and the 5 years of petty arguments that ensue. I think the best outcome now for the UK is a conservative majority, just so that they can actually try and make some progress.

Ed is a prick. All he's doing is cutting his nose to spite his face. He said we would get a say in things if we stayed and we did now it's a problem? I suppose the only say in the running of the country is when he shoves his hand up our arse and uses us as a ventriloquists dummy

Exactly why change what they are doing now. The country is much better off than it was 5 years ago. And individually hard working people are better off than they were. They don't get everything right but why change when the economy is improving and the national debt is going down.

If Scotland would of left us that would of been better for everyone I think as labour would of struggled to get in ever again.

• Supporters

Exactly why change what they are doing now. The country is much better off than it was 5 years ago. And individually hard working people are better off than they were. They don't get everything right but why change when the economy is improving and the national debt is going down.

Exactly what I feel - I admit I am not feeling wealthy as f*ck, felt a few cutbacks but who hasn't

Only the frackin crap & the dangling of the EU vote carrot is causing me to glance at UKIP.

Not gonna bash other parties but either they wind me up or talk bollox - or wind me up talking bollox actually

Actually - Ed - you are a sneaky liar with a face that needs slapping - swear he should be selling timeshares/crap stocks n shares

jeez I just don't trust that c*nt one bit, Nicola you get on my nerves and you ain't got a f*cking clue where money we ain't got will come from

Still not sure Tory or UKIP - like UKIP have said they (goverment) could of done this n that in last 5 years if they wanted

Yes some UKIP people are a bit extreme with views - but think all parties have those if you look hard enough

tbh - be glad when it is all over

soz taking a swipe at Ed & a little at Nicola - just my personal view

vote for who YOU think - none of them are perfect anyway & over 50% of us won't want the goverment elected

If Scotland would of left us that would of been better for everyone I think as labour would of struggled to get in ever again.

labour isn't going to do much in this election anyway so we may aswell have left :lol:

The have a junkie running Scottish labour ffs :lol: how can anyone expect people to vote for that over Nicola sturgeon. I was wary of her taking over from salmond because love him or hate him he was good at his job and he could destroy anyone in a debate but she's doing well and as she said if the SNP get a say in Westminster the SNP MPs will vote for what's good for everyone. Because when the UK does well Scotland benefits aswell.

• Supporters

Ed is a prick. All he's doing is cutting his nose to spite his face. He said we would get a say in things if we stayed and we did now it's a problem? I suppose the only say in the running of the country is when he shoves his hand up our arse and uses us as a ventriloquists dummy

Labour have screwed themselves, with SNP they have a massive drop in Northern support

So now they are really struggling to gain any strength - no way will they get a majority on their own

The Scotts don't trust labour - but also Tories have lost support to to UKIP so they are kind of boned too

They didn't get enough support last time and won't do it this time it seems

Lib Dem - well it is so unclear how much weight they will have as SNP & UKIP have gained so much ground

(according to polls - but most of polls are all over the place so who knows really)

Hence this is gonna be one messed up election and proves both the main parties are a little out of touch to say the least

They have failed to listen and more importantly - deliver their pledges and too many are now not fully trusting these 2 biggies anymore

Plus - even with all polls, the actual voting in of seats/constituencies may be quite different result to how the population as a whole votes

The tactical voting malarky stuff on narrow margin areas as oppossed to safe/secure stronghold seats

jeez - who knows, and tbh who cares ?????

Labour have screwed themselves, with SNP they have a massive drop in Northern support

So now they are really struggling to gain any strength - no way will they get a majority on their own

The Scotts don't trust labour - but also Tories have lost support to to UKIP so they are kind of boned too

They didn't get enough support last time and won't do it this time it seems

Lib Dem - well it is so unclear how much weight they will have as SNP & UKIP have gained so much ground

(according to polls - but most of polls are all over the place so who knows really)

Hence this is gonna be one messed up election and proves both the main parties are a little out of touch to say the least

They have failed to listen and more importantly - deliver their pledges and too many are now not fully trusting these 2 biggies anymore

Plus - even with all polls, the actual voting in of seats/constituencies may be quite different result to how the population as a whole votes

The tactical voting malarky stuff on narrow margin areas as oppossed to safe/secure stronghold seats

jeez - who knows, and tbh who cares ?????

you know all I care about.

Money in my pocket. I don't think I earn enough to pay as much tax and NI as I do.

Environment. We need the earth more than it needs us so we need to look after it.

Nukes. I don't think we need them and we shouldn't have the power to kill millions with the push of a button.

And keeping the NHS from privatisation. I get free private healthcare from work but my kids don't.

The SNP are the only ones who meet my demands. Most politicians are the same bunch of over paid privileged arseholes that play with the life's of money of millions and if they mess up think a sorry is enough and we should let them try again.

Can we all take a moment to form a pact that if by any massive stroke of misfortune the Green party manages to come into power, we'll incite a rebellion and train the local populace to wage war through our super airsoft trainings?

I mean my local representive is called Abbey, and he's a man! If we can't trust these people to name themselves aptly, how can we trust them with a country? I honestly think I'd rather see UKIP get in than the Greens.

I'll probably turn up in a holdall in a bathtub somewhere in Brighton for that little joke :P

• Supporters

and if they mess up think a sorry is enough and we should let them try again.

Do any of them have the balls to admit they screwed up - let alone say sorry its a blame culture of today

(everybody just wants to blame anybody else than put their hand up and say - yeah soz I think I dropped the ball on that one)

Only one that I respected of having some integrity was Lib Dem Clegg - at least he said he admitted he f*cked up with the tuition fees rise

everybody else just blamed him, her, no him, what do you mean it was you, no I think you will find it was her.......

Can we all take a moment to form a pact that if by any massive stroke of misfortune the Green party manages to come into power, we'll incite a rebellion and train the local populace to wage war through our super airsoft trainings?

I mean my local representive is called Abbey, and he's a man! If we can't trust these people to name themselves aptly, how can we trust them with a country? I honestly think I'd rather see UKIP get in than the Greens.

I'll probably turn up in a holdall in a bathtub somewhere in Brighton for that little joke :P

They will say you put yourself in the hold-all

• Supporters

I'm getting ready for this - all that backyard garden training is ready to be implemented at a moments notice

No seriously - this is the real deal & forget using .12's this time I'm gonna be packing .20's

I'm getting ready for this - all that backyard garden training is ready to be implemented at a moments notice

No seriously - this is the real deal & forget using .12's this time I'm gonna be packing .20's

You should get .25s as a special treat :D

They will say you put yourself in the hold-all

That or I'll off myself, my suicide weapon being over 60 feet away from me, with no fingerprints and having been fired twice :ph34r::rolleyes:

Yeah I'm up for the revolt if Greens get any power. Kill the hippies with .30s

What have they done with it?

Had it for about 6-7 weeks because of loss of fps. I took it in before for loss of fps and they turned the hop up down and cleaned it and it worked. But it died at the site because of a dodgy battery so they took it to fix which they done in a few days but I got a email saying it had low fps 270 and that was the last I heard. I phoned up and they just say they will contact me when it's finished.

• Supporters

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/25800-general-election/page-11#entry195655

did say Clegg was the only one that admitted he f*cked up - even on the 7 leader debate he owned up

and I really do think the Lib Dem's did a good job in keeping a balance or lid on things....

We wait n see if the Lib Dem's retain some power to assist in forming a coalition.

But kudos to Clegg for having some honesty and integrity - though in politics, I think it is so rare he may be in the wrong job

• Supporters

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/25800-general-election/page-11#entry195655

did say Clegg was the only one that admitted he f*cked up - even on the 7 leader debate he owned up

and I really do think the Lib Dem's did a good job in keeping a balance or lid on things....

I know but any excuse to post that video is a good one ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.