Grenade launchers

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a stand alone grenade launcher for cqb room clearance and I am looking at the s thunder m203 pistol or the asg b&t gl-06.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Atb

Andy

I think it is the one you mean but S-Thunder do a sort of pistol grenade launcher which are only about £40 (£55 if you want metal version) and a pack of grenades for £50 which seems a fair price compared to the others out there like Madbull which are ridiculous prices. The ASG on the other hand is more like £100 and I can't remember exactly but think it did have some problems. Although, tbh, maybe that could've been the ICS MGL.

I just remember because I looked up a review of one ages ago and not too sure it was positive. Either way I'd still recommend the S-Thunder for the price and I've heard great things about them. They're also going to be much easier to carry (and lighter / more manoeuvrable so you can get in and clear rooms easier?) You could keep one in a utility pouch or maybe a fabric holster whereas the GL-06 would need to be slung over your shoulder or something.

I agree the size of the s thunder is a big bonus.

The ics mgl is too pricey to fill the magazine.

The reviews on the asg seems to be rather good and I get the impression that asg won't put their name to rubbish.

I like the s thunder also for its price is a damn good deal!

S-Thunder pistol launchers are great fun. they dont add extra weight to rifles unlike ugls, and its very easy to move/ use due to its size. you can find some pistol holsters that will fit them - i got a large drop leg one for mine, and it allows me to carry a couple of spares grenades too. they are great in woodland too - firing a lcoud of bbs in the general direction of an assailant in the bushes, plus the nice loud bang. clearing building is good seeing people sh*t themselves at the bang and then shout it.

i dont know about the B&T gl-06 but if you wanted to move onto using the AI grenades then the S-Thunder works wonders with those, chap at the site i go to uses them, wouldnt work in a longer barrel due to how the 'wings' on the projectiles from the AI grenades.

got mine when Airsoftworld had a £20 flash sale - couldnt really say no.

The S-Thunder metal GL is definitely worth it. I'm using SHS full size 120 round grenades in mine.

While the plastic one is cheaper by about £15, as PT247 has said it's a little fragile with CO2 grenades. And even if you're only using green gas/propane to power the grenade, you still get the bonus of having a RIS rail on the top- while that's not really needed, it's still nice to have a reference point to look down when aiming. This will be invaluable if you get some TAG grenades, because since they actually launch a single projectile you really do need a reference point for aiming with the GL.

As well as this you can get RIS to RIS adaptors to mount the GL to a rifle if you so wish.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Hello,

I guess thi is the correct thread for this...

I was looking at getting an ugl for my M4, and was looking at the sites aformentioned in a previus comment, as they look to be a ton cheaper. However, I have a couple of questions;

First off, I am not UKARA registered, just havent had time to do the games with all my IB stuff going on right now. So I will be getting registered hopefully in May, after thats all over. So, do you need a UKARA number to get ugls? I assume you do, but am unsure as some may consider it an attachment. It would go onto my two tone G&G Raider.

Secondly, as the sites listed above seem to be outside the UK, are customs gonna freak out? I know some people on this site said some of the asia sites are not actually in asia, and as such, dont care. So far I have only bought from in the UK, so I have no idea on this.

Any help?

Thanks,

Spaz

• Supporters

Hello,

I guess thi is the correct thread for this...

I was looking at getting an ugl for my M4, and was looking at the sites aformentioned in a previus comment, as they look to be a ton cheaper. However, I have a couple of questions;

First off, I am not UKARA registered, just havent had time to do the games with all my IB stuff going on right now. So I will be getting registered hopefully in May, after thats all over. So, do you need a UKARA number to get ugls? I assume you do, but am unsure as some may consider it an attachment. It would go onto my two tone G&G Raider.

Secondly, as the sites listed above seem to be outside the UK, are customs gonna freak out? I know some people on this site said some of the asia sites are not actually in asia, and as such, dont care. So far I have only bought from in the UK, so I have no idea on this.

Any help?

Thanks,

Spaz

You have a PM :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.