WE G17 Feeding Problems

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello,

I recently got a WE G17 from the States. The reason for this is that I was getting a custom slide with a Tiridium sight for it made by a guy named Bill Rogers, and it was easier for him to get one there instead of me shipping it to him and then him shipping it back. However, I am having feeding problems with it. When the slide functions, it pulls the pellet from the mag like it's supposed to, but the Bb gets stuck in between the mag and the barrel. It is a small thing that makes the gun basically useless, and I would hate to not get to use a gun that I have gotten so much for...

I will post pics later; I'm on a train now.

Thank you for any advice or ideas;

Spaz

If you could post some pics, that would be great

I recently got a WE G17 from the States. When the slide functions, it pulls the pellet from the mag like it's supposed to, but the Bb gets stuck in between the mag and the barrel. It is a small thing that makes the gun basically useless, and I would hate to not get to use a gun that I have gotten so much for...

If you've had a custom slide made (presumably based on an airsoft aftermarket slide?) it could be the nozzle doesn't quite line up with the hop unit, which in turn would mean the feed lip which pushes the bb up the feed ramp could be off centre causing the bb to misfeed? Is the blow back unit seated correctly and firmly in place in the slide?

As others have said photos or a video would be useful to see whats occurring.

• Supporters

Wow, so many replies so quickly. Pics are now up. First pic is the area, second shows the area bbs get stuck in, call it the "cup". Third is the bb stuck in the "cup" and fourth is the slide removed showing how the mag lines up with the barrel and "cup".

*Note. The slide is just the normal WE G17 slide; Mr Rogers just made a new front sight and attached it (the Tridium sight) and painted it blue. He also added a magazine feeder on the bottom and a grip force adapeter on the back of the grip; those last two are purely external. Furthermore, nothing done to the front sight would impact the feeding.

I'm on my phone at the moment so can't really tell that well but to me the hop up chamber looks minced!

Must admit the ramp (cup) does look very worn (or filed?? as it looks shiny) if this is supposed to be a new gun? If you push a bb into the hop by hand does it push into the rubber part easily or is it very tight?

• Supporters

Ok, two new photos up. The fifth pic shows a bb in both the barrel and the "cup", and the sixth shows a bb stuck in the cup immediately after cycling the slide. That is where they jam. To the person asking about the hop; I'm not positive what the hop is, but I can push a bb into ( but not through) the rubber bit inside the inner barrel easily (the bb in the barrel in te first pic is in the rubber bit, not sure if that is what you were talking about).

Ok, two new photos up. The fifth pic shows a bb in both the barrel and the "cup", and the sixth shows a bb stuck in the cup immediately after cycling the slide. That is where they jam. To the person asking about the hop; I'm not positive what the hop is, but I can push a bb into ( but not through) the rubber bit inside the inner barrel easily (the bb in the barrel in te first pic is in the rubber bit, not sure if that is what you were talking about).

Thats your problem, Its not supposed to be a cup and bb's arent supposed to sit in it, Its a ramp that feeds bb's up it and into the hop up chamber.

The hop ("hop up unit") is the airsoft equivalent of the chamber, ie when the gun is loaded its where the bb sits, it consists of a HOP RUBBER around the inner barrel which holds the bb in place until the moment of firing, and also has a small area which pushes down on the bb to create backspin to increase range, which can be adjusted to increase or decrease the effect, via a small wheel on the side of the hop unit, or a grub screw under it, or as on some Glocks, turning a castle nut via the ejection port (I'm not sure which system the WE uses, not the last one though by look of your pics).

So if you manually put a bb in the hop unit will it fire ok? If the hop rubber is too tight the bb may not enter and seat correctly and thus may not fire, but roll back down the ramp/cup when the slide opens,but this assumes the slide doesn't close fully against the barrel and therefore won't fire? Perhaps you can confirm if this is the case?

The ramp/cup should also be smooth with no roughness to it, again is this so?

• Supporters

Ok, couple of things. First of all, the hop up chamber is fine, if I manually insert a pellet, it works fine, but only for that shot. As to Mack, if there shouldn't be a cup there, I'll look into somehow fixing that... I have a parts breakdown at home I'll look at in a bit and report back.

• Supporters

Have you thought about just buying a new hop unit?

Ema
il Tactical Quartermaster with the part number from the explosion diagram from the manual that came with the gun and they ought to have you sorted within a few days.

• Supporters

*SOLVED

Hello again, and thanks to tall for all the helpful suggestions. The hop was fine, and the "cup" is supposedto be there. The issue was that the feeding nozzle was broken. So got a new one of those and it all works great. If anyone in the future sees this post because they are having the same problem, take note. The nozzle, once removed, has parts insider of it that will need to be transferred to the new part. Failure to do so will lead to all the gas venting out on the first pull of the trigger.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.