Your thoughts on WE Apache MP5A3?

sp00n

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

so i have had a quick go with one, and ... welll ... i am sooo tempted :lol::lol::ph34r:

Just wondering what other peoples thoughts, has anyone hear any bad things? any faults? (other then the bolt retaining thingy)

and if i do go with one, anyone know an assault vest that suits MP5's? ... preferably black :ph34r:

this is not from personal experience, just an observation. I'd be concerned about the amount of gas each mag can hold considering how many rounds they take, looks like quite a small reservoir compared to the M4 style mags.

• Supporters

Not heard any major horror stories, I'm considering picking one up at some point, just the mag cost putting me off lol.

as for assault vest,just get something molle and a set of molle pouches

yeah the mags aint cheap, £36 is the cheapest i have seen, even more expensive are the enclosed ones :blink:

good point on the molle vest ... ill see what i can find, my problem is i am very specific with my vests, atm my go to is a osprey setup ... now if i could get that in black :lol::lol:

this is not from personal experience, just an observation. I'd be concerned about the amount of gas each mag can hold considering how many rounds they take, looks like quite a small reservoir compared to the M4 style mags.

This is a very good point, i saw a video from RA-tech, the guy gets 59bb's out of 1 mags worth of gas (at 21 degrees), the mag held 43bb's normally.

Then again i don't see this gun as a "all day" game gun, for me i see it as a short game say 4 or 5 mags worth, then back to safe zone for refils etc.

if you just wanted a chest rig I can wholeheartedly recommend the Blue Force Gear Ten Speed MP7 chest rig if it'll fit the MP5 mags (says it will on their website). Have one myself (but not black) from when I had an MP7 GBB.

Blue Force Gear are good but due to the fact they're an elastic material it's hard to get the mags back in. So a dump pouch is pretty essential and a bummer if you don't like running one or just don't have one then that's another expense.

Generally it seems all MP5 pouches are pretty expensive except for one or two I've seen such as Bulle.

• Supporters

I've got a mate who bought one around October and he can't get enough of it.

I've been dying to get a go since he bought it but I've not had the chance to get to a game with him yet =[ I'm seriously considering getting one too.

From what I can tell from what he tells me they're really solid performers, like bigger KWA MP9s with a bit more of a rifle vibe going on.
He also claims the internals are full steel... Not entirely sure if that's true, I'm personally highly doubtful but it might be worth looking into.

£36 per mag doesn't sound too bad though? WE M4 mags are about the same usually.
It's also worth pointing out that although the mag's gas reservoir is more than likely smaller than that of an M4 mags', the bolt on the MP5 is much, much smaller. The nozzle will be barely half the length which means the amount of gas required to cycle the action will be significantly less than with a full blown rifle.

My mate didn't mention the gas efficiency, but he's only used it in cold weather, so I can only assume it's good enough to be of little to no concern.

• Supporters

Begadi MP5 mag pouches are the dog's bollocks :D I've got a triple velcro-topped MP5 pouch in OD if you're after one cheap. They sell for about £17 RRP.

thanks mate, but i am kinda set on black atm :unsure:

i am still looking for inspiration though, as i have not seen anything i 100% like yet ... that and i am not skinny ... some most stuff dosn't fit me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.