Battle belt options

Whitt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What's your budget? I mean are you usually getting milspec stuff like HSGI / Grey Ghost / Tactical Tailor / Warrior AS / BLACKHAWK etc?

I think the Condor battle belts come in different sizes, and are only ~£20-£33 each. There's also the BLACKHAWK Patrol Belts which Edgar Brothers sell on their eBay account for £12.50 including postage, and there are different sizes (including small)

You could get an army surplus osprey mk4 battle belt. It works well for the lads overseas and it works well for me

Im usually buying warrior stuff im not a fan of condor the stitching on all my pouches frayed.

The warrior belt is good but given the choice, the HSGI is a better option, you can run your own inner belt in it too, the warrior ones have the internal belt sewn into them and are quite fat.

The HSGI one seems to be the best one on the market IMO. Are you sure about the WAS belt being sawn into them? I didnt know that.

• Supporters

I have one, definitley is, I'd have bought an alternative had I known beforehand lol

You might be able to undo the stitching but it's probably not worth the effort and even then may be only the end parts of the belt required to do up, I'm very thin so wanted to swap it out for a smaller diameter inner belt.

The hsgi has cutouts at the bottom to allow drop legs to be used too which I think is a nice design.

Is their really anypoint with running a dropleg with a battle belt? Isnt that the whole point of using one? :wacko: But its good for thoese who do I suppose. I just dont like anything on my legs anymore. Makes it harder to run and shoot the guy that doesnt call his hits XD

• Supporters

I run drop leg dump pouches and holsters with belt webbing. Having the dump pouch tied down stops rattle and the whole post box lid design is more secure for anything you drop in them than open top dump pouches. I find adding a non-elasticated strap to the top of drop leg pistol holsters stops them flapping around and that's the only disadvantage to them - having the pistol exactly where my arm naturally reaches to makes drawing faster for me than crooking my arm to reach for a belt mounted pistol, but then again I do have long arms...

I have only had to quick draw once and even though I hadn't practised it, i surprised myself by drawing and shooting 2 people before they could raise their AEG's from muzzle down, across the chest, carry positions. It was at NAE13... Deltas are slow - all that oper8orness weighing them down :lol:

• Supporters

The condor battle belt is a similar design to the hsgi one (cutouts for droplegs, use your own belt etc) but they're much cheaper. I have one and it's pretty well made.

• Supporters

Quick pic of my condor belt with Safariland style drop leg fitted. I use a Viper duty belt in it (the only bit of Viper kit I still use in fact). Seriously considering getting a yoke and running a belt rig in the warmer months.

ec3feb3a-b03a-403d-909d-aa57470fd1c0.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.