Load out help

Darren20979

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

It's really up to you. I personally wear only a belt on a normal game. On a milsim event, where I need some more mags I wear a chestrig too, and if there is no HQ and I need to carry all my stuff for the day with me, a small backpack too. This way I can scale my load bearing equipment to the requirements.

I'll have a look next week at different layouts and go with what feels most comfortable I think.

I have a friend who uses a best and one that uses just a belt lay out so really not sure but using pockets on my trousers is a def no no lol and def need a dump bag!!!

It all goes with experience....

Play a few games and tailor your loadout for your style at your local site. I started out stuffing everything into jean pockets, bought a vest with loads of pouches and hated it.

Currently use a belt with minimal pouches as thats what I prefer at my local CQB site.

Trying to build a woodland rig currently and likign the idea of a bandolier. There is no perfect loadout suitable from the start for everyone so build one as you go along is my advice.

They both work well, one thing to consider is if you go prone a lot then you can't get to stuff on your chest as well when you're laying down. So therefore a belt would be better.

I find on my current belt I can only have a couple magazines on my left side, then the rest of the space is behind me and you can't get to it as quickly. Whereas with a chest rig / vest / plate carrier you could have 3-5 in a good place. A belt would probably be cheaper too if you want to go for something like a Condor Gen II one (£20 from Military1st or CadetDirect)

• Supporters

Hi all,

Whats the best load out for an M4?

Belt or vest?

Yes.

Like I said it depends what works and where you want to go in the future.....

My main set up is a tactical belt (el cheapo from the Bay) with MP5 mag pouches on the left and a drop leg holster for my side arm on the right.

BUT

Then I bought a M4 so needed different mags pouches so have MP5 and M4 pouches now, then I realised I needed more space for grenades and a dump pouch for quick stashing of empty mags and a smaller pouch as I couldnt get to my pockets with all these new pouches so another was added, all of a sudden I need a vest :(

So it kind of just progresses, my advise would be to not buy anything too expensive whilst starting until you know what you want and where you want to go with it. Borrow a vest or buy a cheap tactical belt and pouches before comiting to more expensive gear and build it up as you go along.

Webbing is always an option. No-one ever listens when I tell people this though :(

Webbing is basically a belt with shoulder straps and pouches that attach. It allows a fair degree of customisation. Tactical vests tend to allow faster access to stuff but in hot weather, webbing will not make you as hot. Webbing will generally hold a lot more than a tactical vest can. Some people have difficulty in adjusting webbing for a perfect fit and will tell you that it rubs and is uncomfortable but especially on hot days, I find my P37 webbing to be so comfy, I forget I'm wearing it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.