TaiwanGun charging for postage?

Hav0c

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Flex - I do hope you are not taking GSCE Geography.....

if you are then I think you need to do more studying & less skirmishing :)

Haha the worrying thing is I am, and last year I got an A1 for it. How the f*ck did I do that?! Flunking at its best(I just hope that doesn't mean something Idk about lol)

• Supporters

if you read back a page or 2, i had already email them before i placed any order, and when placing my order i spent along time playing "hunt the flipping comment box". also why did they reply at 07:33 to my first email (regarding spring change).

in the end, its done and its tough poop on my part :lol:B)

TL:DR here is the time line :-

2014-10-23 23:10 i asked taiwangun if i purchased XXX gun and a spring at the same time would they change it as the gun is too hot atm

2014-10-24 07:33 taiwangun replied to just add to comments box what fps i needed and they would change it (strange they replied so early in the day to this email)

2014-10-24 15:02 after only just finishing placing my order and not seeing a comments box i email taiwangun regarding the order and requesting the spring change etc

2014-10-25 08:33 from taiwangun "Please be advised that the processing an order XXX has been launched. Now you cant make changes in order."

2014-10-25 10:30 from taiwangun "Please be advised that the order XXX has been changed to Completed."

2014-10-25 10:30 from taiwangun same email but with tracking number

2014-10-25 10:30 from taiwangun email reply to my email on 24th "Unfortunately order has been send already"

2014-10-27 15:04 from ups "notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS" acording to UPS's webby item was collected at 12:31 earlier that day

The part you've missed is that most of those emails are automated. If your request for specific requirements is not in the comments box it would not have been picked up.

• Supporters

^^That's true, Loz, and let's be fair people, if the boot was on the other foot, if we were getting hundreds of orders with specific requirements written in Polish, we would have a procedure to translate them, right? And if people didn't stick to it, bugger 'em, right?

TBH though, that checkbox to open the comments box is poor web design. And I must be lucky, because I have had good email comms with them...

• 2 weeks later...

Weird. When I choose a product on the website, add it to the basket and then go to checkout, it says postage is 139 Euro! Anybody else getting this, or should I take it personally?

• Supporters

Weird. When I choose a product on the website, add it to the basket and then go to checkout, it says postage is 139 Euro! Anybody else getting this, or should I take it personally?

thats the "anywhere in the world rate" ... register on there webby first then it should be greatly reduced ;)

And all becomes clear. Many thanks - that GBB AK I've been looking at for the past few weeks looks even more tempting...

so i finally had the chance to shoot the akm and i am quite impressed 50m's out of the box, im not going to lie it out ranges my 350 pound g&p m4 from airsoft zone. the wood is actually quite passable for being decent once wood stain and sand paper has been used. also there is plenty of room for a 8.4 volt stick battery and i think a nine volt would work to but i have not tried this yet. The gun is currently being re weird so i can use two batteries at once, so for 180 pounds i have a gun that is extremely versatile and out shoots my much more expensive guns with the hop up needing to be virtually off for .23bbs or it over hops, i am very impressed and slightly annoyed.

• Supporters

Is that a CYMA CM.048M, Chris?

If so, yeah I believe 50m ootb. Apart from a 6.04mm barrel they have a split bump hop rubber which helps to make sure that the BB is forced into the centre of the barrel, so hop up is applied evenly to either side - this improves accuracy, but also, because it improves the stability of the back spin, increases range, since the Magnus Effect is operating directly against gravity more than on a BB which rocks back and forth about its horizontal axis, or yaws, in flight.

it is indeed ian the cyma48 akm i will stick by my plan on what you have just written and do nothing to the hop up or hop rubber.A mad ball tight bore barrel has been put in however which i hope will do no harm, and only improve things. As things go i am probably going to need .25 bbs or heavier to take advantage of the hop up the thing is barley on at all and achieving this range.

I have a question regarding delivery costs...

Do you have to register and/or log in for the actual quoted cost of €13.76 for GB delivery (zone 6) to be selected?

I've just attempted to place an order to the value of £80, give or take (two shotguns, a silencer, silencer adapter and extra shells) and had the quoted UPS delivery cost as...wait for it...

Not £13...

...not £30...

....not even £80...

But £122 :o:huh:

I took everything but the extra shells off and it still came to £80 :')

• Supporters

I have a question regarding delivery costs...

Do you have to register and/or log in for the actual quoted cost of €13.76 for GB delivery (zone 6) to be selected?

I've just attempted to place an order to the value of £80, give or take (two shotguns, a silencer, silencer adapter and extra shells) and had the quoted UPS delivery cost as...wait for it...

Not £13...

...not £30...

....not even £80...

But £122 :o:huh:

I took everything but the extra shells off and it still came to £80 :')

correct, register and login price will be correct then ;)

I'll give you half credit for the reply and being half right ;)

I registered and logged in, but still wanted £90 just to deliver one shotgun.

I went onto the bit where you select the shipping country, and though it was already set to GB, once i put the post code in it dropped to £10.

• Supporters

There was a discussion on fb about this the other day: people thought maybe they were having webby issues - good to have the exact info.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.