Glock 18 AEP Project Thread

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is my second time writing this so I'll try to keep as minimalist as possible (because it seems I can really waffle on too much at times)

Basically I'd like some help with the CM.030 project I will hopefully be doing soon - the three main areas I want to upgrade being:

1. Longevity. As it's a cheap gun I don't want to spend a lot of money on this, only for it to break.
  2. Power. To improve velocity to ~260-270 FPS.
  3. Accuracy. I'm looking into my options on barrel extensions.

Firstly, I'll either be getting the CYMA Glock 18C AEP from Taiwan Gun, or alternatively I could purchase one from Patrol Base although it would be ~£15 more.

There are quite a few things I'd like to buy from TG + a £60 order qualifies for free shipping.

In terms of longevity I have no idea which aftermarket parts would be available, especially for the AEP Glocks. This is my top priority to upgrade if I will be doing anything else with it. So of course any help with this would be great.

I know for increasing my power output I will need a M80 spring which should bring the velocity up to 260-270 feet per second. I guess anything more powerful than that and I would risk damaging the other parts and / or causing it to wear and break quicker. I should get a new 'hard piston' and spring guide too, but so far I've only seen the Nine Ball Hard Piston. It's $35 from cobraairsoft.com.

The third point is accuracy. I already know the barrel extension (inner barrel hidden by mock suppressor) seems to be the most popular way of doing this.

I've seen TB pistol barrels on Fire-Support but I don't think they're extended. If length wasn't a problem, could you still use an AEG barrel? Is it still possible?

I understand this would be stupid and impractical but I don't know - I'm just thinking of options here.

Other ideas:

I'd really like to use a B&T Tracer Unit with the pistol but then it wouldn't work anyway if I used an extended barrel...

Finally would installing new shims and things help with ROF at all, if not, what? Somebody suggested they might. In fact, I've never know what shims really are / do. I'll be getting the rail for mounting optics and a grip / LAM / tac light from Patrol Base. If I don't bother with a barrel extension (will probably be accurate enough for CQC @ Halo Mill & as a sniper backup) then a B&T Tracer Unit too. I might consider buying a glock stock from TaiwanGun that is £11.96. I could make one but it would probably mean I couldn't fit in a holster whereas the stock inserts into the backstrap so could be removed when not in use.

I will definitely purchase at least one higher capacity (I say higher because they claim to hold 90 rounds but some people say 35, some 60 etc) magazine, maybe a couple standard caps too. Perhaps another 7.2V 500mAh battery too.

And the last thing, I think it would be awesome to have the rail space to accommodate both a foregrip, LAM and / or tactical light or something. The grips I have in mind are either a VFG clone or folding grip, both of which only about a fiver but should do the job fine. As you can see from the picture I attached whoever did this build stuck an M4 carry handle so he could have the longer rail but preferably I would like to see if an extra rail could be added without looking too ghetto / sh*t.

Thanks for reading ;)

post-7670-0-21062700-1390685735_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17830-cyma-glock-g18c-aep-also-asg-g18c/#entry119607

^^^ my review and thoughts ;)

Hi caps do seem to hold 70-99 rds in my experience, but they are weak and sometimes won't hold bb's in.

Don't bother with standard batteries get lipo's, cheaper, better rof :)

As for springs there isn't much choice as they don't take standard aeg springs, eagle6 dose one though. If you are desperate for more fps go tight bore with an extended barrel other wise you won't get much.

Hope this helps :)

As spoon has said, first thing you should do is a lipo conversion. You will see a massive improvement on trigger response.

As spoon has said, first thing you should do is a lipo conversion. You will see a massive improvement on trigger response.

But if you're running a more powerful, higher voltage battery, aren't you going to need to upgrade internals?

Just like with an AEG using an 11.1V LiPo, that's like using a 15-16V NiMh and so parts wear out faster with a higher ROF?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it. Thanks for your help by the way, I'll look into it.

• Supporters

But if you're running a more powerful, higher voltage battery, aren't you going to need to upgrade internals?

Just like with an AEG using an 11.1V LiPo, that's like using a 15-16V NiMh and so parts wear out faster with a higher ROF?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it. Thanks for your help by the way, I'll look into it.

i have 3 off 7.4v 300mha lipo's (they each fit perfectly with some room to spare in all dimensions etc), and i can get 6-9 hi-cap (99rd) mags before i need to change the battery on average, and i normally change the battery once i notice a rof, or trigger response drop.

fyi 7.4V lipo = 9.6V nimh (roughly anyway)

i have felt no need to upgrade any parts in mine yet, but i am considering a kaizen (think thats spelled right) bearing kit, but its alot of work to strip down etc, that's why i have not fitted my eagle6 spring yet.

Ok I found a 7.4V 300mAh Li-Po on component-shop's eBay store for ~£5.

I'll search up how to actually do the conversion for the connectors now.

It would be nice to have the extra range / power but I think spending like £50 on upgrading for that isn't really worth it as I'm only going to be using as a secondary or in CQC anyway.

Looks like some SHS steels gears would be good to upgrade. The sector double gear is £5.06 from airsoftworld but if I'm completely honest I don't know which others gears would need changing.

Shimming is also a very good idea but I don't know if I could do any of this myself. As aforementioned in previous threads of mine I'm honestly rubbish when it comes to internal upgrading and just simply nowhere near confident enough to go tampering with my guns. Fortunately I could always pay Patrol Base a visit but it would cost me like £30 (Labour charge)

Reading The Crapworks blog on LiPo conversions now. Wow those 300mAh LiPos are tiny!

Yeah they are tiny! Its the only mod ive done to mine so far and was well worth it.

I just love sticking in the extended mag and letting rip :-)

• Supporters

Go on hobby king for lipo's mate ;) cheaper than component shop for the 300mah, and if you leave the web page on the lipo you want for 5 mins it offers you them even cheaper ;):D

Just remember to set the stock warehouse to uk ;)

Go on hobby king for lipo's mate ;) cheaper than component shop for the 300mah, and if you leave the web page on the lipo you want for 5 mins it offers you them even cheaper ;):D

Just remember to set the stock warehouse to uk ;)

Thanks!!

It's a shame they all use different connectors like E-Flights because I guess if would've been a lot easier to re-wire the gun's connectors and replace the JST with a mini tamiya but the LiPo conversion guide I saw uses the JST connectors from the 7.2V NiMh battery and obviously I don't want to have to buy two batteries to convert one.

I can't find JST connectors online, not the ones the CM030 uses anyway.

• Supporters

It's a shame they all use different connectors like E-Flights because I guess if would've been a lot easier to re-wire the gun's connectors and replace the JST with a mini tamiya but the LiPo conversion guide I saw uses the JST connectors from the 7.2V NiMh battery and obviously I don't want to have to buy two batteries to convert one.

I can't find JST connectors online, not the ones the CM030 uses anyway.

like this >>> http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/trigger-talk-lipo-adaptor-for-aep-s.html

unfortunatly fire-support is out of stock >>> http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category/triger-talk/

Then again probably worth it if you have a lot of batteries.. I mean the LiPos are cheap but then you have to buy another battery just to get the connectors of it.

Just remembered, won't I need a new charger for Li-Pos?

• Supporters

£25 is what I paid, well worth it, or you could dismantle the standard battery and use the connector end.

You can buy JST connectors off eBay.

What charger are you using? The one it came with? If you are using the one the gun came with, you will need a lipo charger

Also if you buy the lipo's off hobby king it states the connector so you can get the right one ;)

£25 is what I paid, well worth it, or you could dismantle the standard battery and use the connector end.

You can buy JST connectors off eBay.

What charger are you using? The one it came with? If you are using the one the gun came with, you will need a lipo charger

Also if you buy the lipo's off hobby king it states the connector so you can get the right one ;)

With all the guns I have at the moment I'm just using the included chargers. I do need to invest in better ones though, I know everyone says smart chargers are great , and I'll need to buy one for the LiPos now too.

Thanks

Should be able to afford in a couple of weeks. Got a few airsoft things to sell.

CM.030 - £41.46

Magazines (x2) - £15.72

Folding Grip - £4.67

Sub-Total: £61.85

Might add a few other things onto the order but I'll see what I have to spend then.

Interested in the Guarder .2s (5000 Bio) BBs. Not sure about 0.30g+ pellets for sniper rifle use though, despite the good reviews.

haven't really reed more than the first post.

since you're making something fancy... the TM feels _a lot_ better. the CM feels very plastic (haha, for once it's not TM that creeks!!). the biggest difference is the trigger. if you can afford a TM base it would probably be better, if not, see if you can find a TM trigger.

My general thoughts thou is that it sounds like it is going to be a fairly expensive adventure. You can probably get a better GBB for the same money you end up spending, but you're set on the AEP right?

Archived