Glock 18 AEP Project Thread

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

haven't really reed more than the first post.

since you're making something fancy... the TM feels _a lot_ better. the CM feels very plastic (haha, for once it's not TM that creeks!!). the biggest difference is the trigger. if you can afford a TM base it would probably be better, if not, see if you can find a TM trigger.

My general thoughts thou is that it sounds like it is going to be a fairly expensive adventure. You can probably get a better GBB for the same money you end up spending, but you're set on the AEP right?

Yeah you've got a good point. I don't think I realised how much it would be at first! It's a good point, I could probably get a WE Glock or something for about £80, which will be a lot better quality and last longer.

Then again, I've always been put off by the cost of magazines, and they can leak too. Now I've made this thread I don't want to just go 'oh okay sorry not doing it now' either, especially after all the help I've received.

It seems like a good idea to get one because it's cheaper than gas guns but then you find out it's practically a necessity to buy at least one new battery, preferably some internal upgrades too, additional magazines which still add up to be expensive. Not to mention the temptation of suppresors (even a tracer unit) as well as optics when you have the option of a rail system too.

In conclusion this is my interpretation: it's actually the opposite of what you think it will be (cheap) and it's a good gun for somebody who's actually more experienced to have fun and mess around with customising.

I'll have to think about it...

Just doing the maths:

AEP + 2x mags + grip - £61.85

Custom battery - £14.99

Rail - £12.99

That's £89.83 (excluding postage costs from AW)

To compare:

KJW MK1 - £23.53 (ASG version at Patrol Base is £39.99)

KJW G23 - £67.14

WE G19/G17/G34 - £84.49

Even if I decide NOT to get a CM.030 after all, I will get one some time and continue the thread.

At the moment I am still not in a job so once I can motivate my lazy arse to actually go and get one I should be able to fund these ideas (don't think badly of me please I'm not really that lazy but I do need to do it obviously) I already have a lot of other things (airsoft related) I would like to be buying so I need to prioritise my purchases on what I actually need rather than what I can afford first!!

Once again thanks for your help, it has helped immensely!

dont airsoft world sell actual lipo batteries made for AEPs?? im positive i have seen them. no need for conversion

Yes they do, thanks!

http://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-lithium-polymer-aep-battery-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html#product-tabs

http://www.airsoftworld.net/custom-battery-connection-lead.html < and these

Archived