What Is Your Airsoft Pet Hate?

Zak Da Mack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

My Top 5 issues in order of how much it pisses me off, all happened today.

1) Someone not taking hits you have seen the person receive. (hit a guy in the kneepad today he didn't call it so I stitched his thigh with fire on the way to somewhere sensitive till he did, didn't get that far but call it first time it would have saved a lot of pain)

2) Someone who has done the above turning round and accusing you of not taking some imaginary shot of theirs that was nowhere near you. Your gun wasn't even facing me it was pointed at the floor, that's how I know you didn't hit me but that I got you.

3) Blind firing especially in a CQB environment, it isn't cool, you look like a knob just step out and take the shot like you have a pair. There was even a marshal there watching and agreed when I shouted that I wouldn't take anything until you could see me down their sight.

4) That point in a game when there is a bottle neck and people block the way. Don't spend the game hiding we need to get into the room you are infront of. So it'll hurt a little bit and you might have to take a walk back to the regen. Get creative to break the deadlock eg slide across the floor pistol out into a firing position at the base of the door.

5) People that whinge when you get creative and it works. It's the time to pat them on the back and remember it for next time.

I have no problems with people holding their weapons any way they like, if you present a bigger target by following modern stances you are just making things easy for me. I understand the reasoning and it does make sense, present the area with the best protection!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hate is the same in any sport or hobby.

Someone who has spent a fortune on the best kit thinks it makes him better by default.

I see it in Archery at the club I shoot at there is a guy with a matched set of Easton X10 Pro Tour Arrows Hoyt Ion X Riser and Grand Prix Limbs. Fuse Carbon Stabilisers and Long Rods etc All up about £2000 worth of gear and he shoots like a novice. He has been at it for years, I out shoot him with my Cartel Phantom and SF Carbon Limbs. His thechnique is terrible, all in the arms.

Same fishing. There is always someone on the bank with all the top name tackle and gear, all matching and clothing by the same company, a 'Tackle Tart' as we call them. Strides round giving advice but never seems to catch.

We see them at the Skirmish, they know who they are, All Multicammed and Helmeted up, masses of gear, better equipment than the Real SPecial Forces but no field craft or sense of spatial awareness and tactics.

I can't speak for airsoft as I'm just doing my homework wanting to get into it, but I see plenty of this sorta thing in fishing (been a keen angler for 20 years) Delkim TXI's, £700 bivvy etc etc but actually know fuck all and would struggle to catch a cold, and also with mountain biking. I've got a Specialized Rockhopper (slightly modded) and have come across elitist tards on full-sus bikes with more travel than mine, fox forks and XT groupset etc. etc. yet I hit sections far faster than they can....

People that take it to seriously.

Time and again I see guys that treat every death as a stain on their honour and every kill an achievement that confirms their epic skill. Their are some who believe they are so good that for you to kill them you can quite simply ONLY have been cheating.

It's only a tiny % but fuck me they get on my tits.

• Supporters

4) That point in a game when there is a bottle neck and people block the way. Don't spend the game hiding we need to get into the room you are infront of. So it'll hurt a little bit and you might have to take a walk back to the regen. Get creative to break the deadlock eg slide across the floor pistol out into a firing position at the base of the door.

Oh God, yes! That! Christ that's annoying. Or when you're in that situation and someone chucks in pyro but nobody follows it up!

Just thought of another one after seeing it countless times tonight;

When scrawny 15 year olds think the gun is an extension to their cock and shout abuse to other players.

It's not happened to me yet but if it ever does I'll be having a few words during the break. At the end of the day it's a game where we shoot each other. Accidents will happen. I understand over kill can be an issue but don't lose your rag on people you don't know. You might end up going home with more than just a few welts.

• Supporters

a thousand times this!

If it were a real gun, I couldn't run round the woods and shoot my mates with it!

Exactly.

What also pisses me off is when someone says "why buy this when the real gun is cheaper" Great, go buy the real gun then, if it really bothers you.

And I also hate anti reversal latches and trigger units.

They can both die in a hole...

• Supporters

Exactly.

What also pisses me off is when someone says "why buy this when the real gun is cheaper" Great, go buy the real gun then, if it really bothers you.

Yeah, I have quite an aversion to something else involved too, namely jail.

And I also hate anti reversal latches and trigger units.

They can both die in a hole...

I know. Christ's clegg-nuts do I know :'(

• Supporters

Yeah, I have quite an aversion to something else involved too, namely jail.

And/or death/serious injury too I should imagine.

• Root Admin

Using cheap bios was always a problem when I used to play years ago, but it seems to have phased out somewhat.

Still, I've had shattered bits of BB hit me in the face through mesh and it's not a nice feeling. I'm all for using biodegradables, but people are cheap-skates.

Archived