spam posts....

Guest PT247
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Stopping spam bots is easy with the correct IPB plugin. Just use the 'hyperlinks before postcount' module to stop anyone with under 5 total posts from adding links to their posts.

Then enable capcha for anyone with under 5 posts. These spam threads aren't to sell you kitchens, they're to get link-back referrals for SEO; it's big business.

Simple really. Do it, admins!

• Supporters

Message Dev about it, he's the only person with any remote power to do anything like that.

• Supporters

I think dev may well have dropped off the face of the earth, but as he is the only admin only he can delete the accounts, I will however try to delete all the topics ;)

• Supporters

We can delete the accounts, sort of.

Just suspend them permanently and add them to the "ban list" from the warning menu.

Took me a good couple of days to work it out as well.

• Supporters

Ah :P too much hassle to do on my phone, I'll carry on moving them to staff room so dev can find em easier :)

• Supporters

He's alive :P I've just driven past him around an hour ago, I should imagine he's been too busy to get on here

Archived