Budget £300... What should I get?

flanders56
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is for my first airsoft gun.

I want a good electric rifle that requires little maintenance with a high Capacity and add-on's found and fitted easy. Winning thus far is probably the G&G CM16 combat carbine which is cheap at only £117. With my budget this would get me spare Mag's, the battery, charger, tracer/Silencer, Dot Scope, Flashlight, face masks, sling and BB's so Its an attractive thought but i am knew to this so am thinking of asking the people who know what they are talking about.

Thanks for any of the info you give =]

Hi Flanders, G&G is a good choice, personally I would save the money on the tracer/Silencer, Dot Scope, Flashlight and put that towards a better gun, nothing wrong with the gun you've chosen but the extra cash might get you a top tech G&G. you can always get the goodies later on. But you're cash you're choice. I know the add on's look the biz but you really don't need them to enjoy the game

You're actually spot on with your choice there. Anything from the G&G CM range is a good bet for beginners.

You probably won't need a tracer unit,flashlight or even a scope to begin with ! (putting anything bar the carry handle on an m4 is sacralige as far as im concerned! ;) ) but its up to you if they'll suit where you'll be playing mate.

For 300 you could set yourself up with some decent load carrying gear such as a Warrior plate carrier, get the gun, and still have enough for a battery, charger and some spare mags!

EDIT:

Just a quick addition, don't let the low price of the CM16 put you off, I've spent about £600 on high end guns and always find myself going back to my cm16 which I got secondhand for just 70 quid!

Hi Flanders, G&G is a good choice, personally I would save the money on the tracer/Silencer, Dot Scope, Flashlight and put that towards a better gun, nothing wrong with the gun you've chosen but the extra cash might get you a top tech G&G. you can always get the goodies later on. But you're cash you're choice. I know the add on's look the biz but you really don't need them to enjoy the game

Hey breakdown, That was honestly a consideration of mine to not get any

of the accessories and put more into the actual start up gun itself. I

think it makes sence to avoid all the unneccessaries (despite looking

the shiz) and getting a better gun but what would you reccommend from

G&G?

You're actually spot on with your choice there. Anything from the G&G CM range is a good bet for beginners.

You probably won't need a tracer unit,flashlight or even a scope to begin with ! (putting anything bar the carry handle on an m4 is sacralige as far as im concerned! ;) ) but its up to you if they'll suit where you'll be playing mate.

For 300 you could set yourself up with some decent load carrying gear such as a Warrior plate carrier, get the gun, and still have enough for a battery, charger and some spare mags!

EDIT:

Just a quick addition, don't let the low price of the CM16 put you off, I've spent about £600 on high end guns and always find myself going back to my cm16 which I got secondhand for just 70 quid!

Hey TeddyBhoy, Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to make sure Ive got good carrying gear and not bother with the gun accessories at the moment as I think you guys are right, they arnt really neccessary at this point. Yea the CM16 is very cheap and it doesnt put me off but as my budget is quite a bit more would you suggest another G&G m4 type model in my price range with perhaps a bit to spare for carrying gear!

Thanks for the responses guys.

Are yo dead set on m4's if not there are plenty of guns I your price range

Not 100%, I suppose I could be persuaded otherwise. I love the huge mag capacity availability for the M4, the add ons and the general look. But you can try and persuade me?

I had the Raider L at one point, but I didn't like the crane stock, battery compartment (in the stock tube) or the floating rail system (that just means the solid one piece rail that attaches directly to the reciever of the gun)

In your position ( which I was just over a year ago) I would:

go with the cm16 £117

Get myself a WAS chest rig- I had one of their plate carriers, sold it, thouroughly regret it. (http://www.uktactical.com/p-7784-warrior-901-bravo-m4-with-zip-coyote-tan.aspx) £120

Then use the remainder on a battery, charger, spare mags, a lower face mesh mask, and a pair of good goggles. For gogles I use a pair of v12 ess advancer goggles. I got them off a surplus stall for £25 but I'm sure they can be had cheaper!

The chest rig is solid and will probably last longer than both of us will be be alive, and the Cm16 will serve you well as it already has a tighbore fitted. If you feel the need in future you can upgrade it, or get a G&P m4 for £230 which I personally want one of lol.

I had the Raider L at one point, but I didn't like the crane stock, battery compartment (in the stock tube) or the floating rail system (that just means the solid one piece rail that attaches directly to the reciever of the gun)

In your position ( which I was just over a year ago) I would:

go with the cm16 £117

Get myself a WAS chest rig- I had one of their plate carriers, sold it, thouroughly regret it. (http://www.uktactical.com/p-7784-warrior-901-bravo-m4-with-zip-coyote-tan.aspx) £120

Then use the remainder on a battery, charger, spare mags, a lower face mesh mask, and a pair of good goggles. For gogles I use a pair of v12 ess advancer goggles. I got them off a surplus stall for £25 but I'm sure they can be had cheaper!

The chest rig is solid and will probably last longer than both of us will be be alive, and the Cm16 will serve you well as it already has a tighbore fitted. If you feel the need in future you can upgrade it, or get a G&P m4 for £230 which I personally want one of lol.

Love your ideas, I have been a bit tempted by the G&P m4 RAS 6 position but at £280 I dont think I should spend that much on my first gun...... My first car was a classic mini not a BMW...

May I point out the pick in my sig and this

That is a nice gun, does it need much maintenance and how much did you pay for it?

The CM16 is a solid gun, you could spend the extra money on upgrades for it IE better hop up, tight bore etc

Yea thanks buddy. As i am pretty new to airsoft I have a couple of questions in this regard. Would I be best to buy the upgrade materials online and then go to a reputable airsoft shop to get them fitted or send off my gun and get it done all in one or what what....?

If you check out Land warrior airsoft they are doing some deals on G&G top tec gen1, But that a side if your budget is 300 stick with the gun you've chosen, get a couple of batteries , a good charger, a spare mag, good face protection and gloves. That is really all you need to get started. I've tried a full tac vest which in winter is ok but in summer the sweat will run out of you, go for a light chest rig, carry as little as possible ( BB's, spare mag and battery and fluids). I know a lot of folk say oh no not another m4, but it's a tried and tested platform, parts and extras galore to empty your wallet, get a gun your happy with from a good manufacturer and you should be sorted If you decide later to get into milsim then you can start getting all the kit, but by that time you should have a fair idea what you want or need and oh get a bag for carrying your BB's in, the rattle from the bottle will drive you mad.

G36 and ak models are ok for upgrades

Now regarding the equipment I'd go for a belt with pouches, easy and cheap

If you check out Land warrior airsoft they are doing some deals on G&G top tec gen1, But that a side if your budget is 300 stick with the gun you've chosen, get a couple of batteries , a good charger, a spare mag, good face protection and gloves. That is really all you need to get started. I've tried a full tac vest which in winter is ok but in summer the sweat will run out of you, go for a light chest rig, carry as little as possible ( BB's, spare mag and battery and fluids). I know a lot of folk say oh no not another m4, but it's a tried and tested platform, parts and extras galore to empty your wallet, get a gun your happy with from a good manufacturer and you should be sorted If you decide later to get into milsim then you can start getting all the kit, but by that time you should have a fair idea what you want or need and oh get a bag for carrying your BB's in, the rattle from the bottle will drive you mad.

Thanks for the advice, I have had a look at the G&P but I cant see any for a special price on that website and I think they are a bit pricey for my first gun.

Thanks for the advice, I have had a look at the G&P but I cant see any for a special price on that website and I think they are a bit pricey for my first gun.

Then have a look at Pro Airsoft Supplies for the G&G GEN 2 & GEN 3 rifles. Can't go wrong with G&G or Pro Airsoft Supplies. Great combo!

Just might need to up your budget and also factor in your budget for a battery and charger.

Love your ideas, I have been a bit tempted by the G&P m4 RAS 6 position but at £280 I dont think I should spend that much on my first gun...... My first car was a classic mini not a BMW...

That is a nice gun, does it need much maintenance and how much did you pay for it?

Yea thanks buddy. As i am pretty new to airsoft I have a couple of questions in this regard. Would I be best to buy the upgrade materials online and then go to a reputable airsoft shop to get them fitted or send off my gun and get it done all in one or what what....?

You have impeccable taste in weaponry my friend! I have one of those on my "when I win the lottery and buy every gun I want" list ;).

RE upgrades, you wont need to worry about them to begin with, the G&G CM range are excelent out of the box. You could play with it until it eventually breaks down then upgrade the broken parts!

You have impeccable taste in weaponry my friend! I have one of those on my "when I win the lottery and buy every gun I want" list ;).

RE upgrades, you wont need to worry about them to begin with, the G&G CM range are excelent out of the box. You could play with it until it eventually breaks down then upgrade the broken parts!

In that case I may just buy one to make you jealous! Ha, its a beautiful gun but i would feel a bit silly rocking up to skirmishes as a noob looking like the rich kid.... so perhaps a CM16 is more practical at the moment!

I found renting a gun to be a useful exercise on my run up to getting my UKARA registration.

Gave me a chance to try different guns.

Also, talking to other players and looking at their guns close up gave me a better idea.

+1 on the CM Idea... But, if you don't neccesarily want an M4, there are alway's G36's, AK's, and many more. SRC make a good G36 and G36KV as Adam said. AK's you can gom with Cyma, and if you want a higher end M4, +1 on the Top Tech idea! :D

^ That is an absolutely great deal. If I were you I'd go for that right now. It's easy to spend all the money in the world when you're just starting out airsoft (trust me, I did it) but you'll quickly realise

1) There's no point in a load of flashy weapon attachments because they're heavy to lug around

2) You could have spent your money on other more practical kit like a lightweight belt rig.

If I were you I'd go for the CM16 posted above, an extra high-cap magazine, an extra battery, a smart charger (from componentshop), a cheap molle belt and pouches and some camos.

• Supporters

Almost every gun in the £100 - £350 price range will perform more or less the same, the G&Gs are the best for their price by an absolute mile, you can't go wrong with a CM16.

My mate recently ordered one for £123 from ZeroOne and he's been playing for 3 years, he just wanted something simple, with rails, that's dependable and cheap, for a one off milsim event in October.

Get a CM16 and save your budget for add ons and tactical gear, eye protection and boots. There's no need to ever own any other rifle. 90% of airsoft is to look and feel like a badass, and a £100 gun and a £300 gun are going to look the same and shoot BBs at people just as well, so you may as well stick with the cheaper stuff unless you're plagued by a disease which I suffer from which I affectionately refer to as, "Everything has to be as real as possible irrespective of cost because I'm an overly nit-picky retard like that" or EHTBARAPIOCBIAON-PRLT, for shor... Not so long.

I was thinking of spending the same budget on my first airsoft rifle. Been looking at the £300 top tech guns with blowback but beginning to think that getting a cheaper g&g with more accessories is the wiser decision.

Archived