The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Self explanatory I'd think, but just in case; like 'What have you just bought', but a record or what gets broken. By all means include promises... hearts... spirits even! The more info about how it happened, the better it will help others avoid the same fate. Please also say if you will replace it and, if not, why not.

This weekend I broke a plastic CYMA AK hicap Waffle Mag by accidentally twisting it just after I'd inserted the lip into the magwell to rock it back A 1" square-ish section of the side popped off and that, as they say, is that. I wont be replacing it because I'm getting into midcaps.

I also 'broke' my G36 hop unit by pulling the barrel out and turning the unit right side up: the nub dropped out into some gravel and disappeared up an invisible gremlin's arse. I have had to order a whole new SRC plastic hop unit to get another nub, because I'm skint, or I'd have taken the opportunity to get a lovely CNC aluminium one.

Have at it...

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stripped the screws of the Gearbox shell of the CYMA 031. Won't be using it for a while. Going to buy a used one from a Marui AK 47.

Also broke my KJW M9 Nozzle,so I bought a new one,but the KJW blue one as out of stock. Instead I bought a Tokyo Marui one. It seems to work much better!

...aaaaand broke the laces of my boots,but Mr Paracord came to save them.

I seem to be using broken Maruis as spare parts bins nowadays! Marui Original parts are so cheap!

• Supporters

Do you mean the threads that the screws go into on the CYMA gearbox shell? If so, I did that on my CM.028u! The front short one, which was easy enough to bodge with a longer bolt and nut on the other side of the gearbox; and the thread the fire selector tightens into - that was terminal. I bought a non-functioning CYMA gearbox on here to make one good one out of two knackered. I use PTFE tape on the bolts now to make a tighter fit without over-tightening.

SPAS was jamming. Had to force the pump back and forward until it locked and allowed me to fire again.

Bit of plastic flew out the barrel and wont feed :(

OUUUCH!

I guess it's knackered? Finding spare parts for SPAS 12 isn't exactly easy(Impossiburu)

Could you not have disassembled it and cleaned it or something? Welp,we all have our brain fart moments I guess. I've experienced long range jimmy rustling from reading that. I feels for ya.

I,by some random chance had this page bookmarked.might help you a bit,I hope.

https://sites.google.com/site/kenworthw900workshop/tm-spas-12-disassembly

Yeah thanks i have that page marked somewhere as well.

Wasn't exactly a brain fart moment. It failed to load the first time, pulled it back and it just jammed. Managed to wiggle it back to get the pump working again but when it did fire something flew out.

It is one of the original SPAS-12 though. With the folding stock. So err.... 8 years old?

It's pretty well used so TBH I've just put it down to wear and tear. I bought it for the stock, not expecting it to work anyway XD

Will strip it down and see if its repairable. It's making a nice wall hanger atm anyway. Prefer using pistols in CQB.

• Supporters

I broke a hookers vagina. I will not be replacing because she died...

Notice the lack of further info about how this happened? I reckon he's lying....

:lol:

• Supporters

Did you run a cleaning disc through it?

• Supporters

Honestly the response on a marui isn't much better than any other brand, it's more the range and reliability that brings me back to marui guns.

If you don't fcuk about it and run it on a reasonable voltage (8.4v NiMh/7.2v LiPo) a Marui gearbox will run FOR EVER.

The recoil shock thing is a big draw too of course, don't think I could go back to a standard AEG now.

• Supporters

Well not exactly broken, but the nice 4300mAh battery I ordered is wayyyy to fat for my crane stock :( , and I have also found out that lipo alarms don't work on LiFe batteries >.<

• Supporters

What are they, UTJ?

• Supporters

Just doing a major upgrade to my mp5k (bearings/gears/shims/motor/spring) and the trigger mechanism fell apart :angry::angry::(:( took ages to put right

finally got it reassembled, then the fuse blew! :o:angry::angry::(:(

am off to halfords for a selection of fuses! :lol:

Soooo....

MY KJW M9 finally kicked the bucket. I rushed it to AirsoftEire. The speed I went at almost halved the 45 minute journey.

After some diagnostics,cleaning and greasing,we got it working a bit. However,the trigger spring is broken and there is something else just not right with the gun.

So I left it with the guys there,hopefully Their tech can work his magic into getting it working again.

I have a game on sunday,the site owner offered to give me his HFC P226 to use for the day. He hates it and gives it to random people to use until it breaks so he has an excuse to throw it out XD.

Soo yeah,Hoor's breath is Out of action for a while.

(geddit? Hoor? Viking god of winter? his breath=the gas the gun constantly vents? huh huh? nobody?

fuck you all)

• Supporters

(geddit? Hoor? Viking god of winter? his breath=the gas the gun constantly vents? huh huh? nobody?

fuck you all)

Oh yeah, I remember: Hoor, beloved of not just Vikings but all seamen!

Archived