ASG AI L96?

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

One of Ed's mates ICS L85 from JBBG came firing at 210 fps and it had a rusty outer barrel.

Not read past the first page, but I saw this quote, above.

None of my mates have ever bought anything from JBBG. Though I did read somewhere else on the forums, quite a while ago, that someone had an L85 with a damaged barrel (I thought it was the inner barrel though).

I can agree that JBBG suck arse through a straw, but I don't think the above story is related to them. Or me.

Edit: Just seen that Marcus corrected you. Cool beans.

After reading the rest of the topic:

Anyway, this has gone just a bit off topic. I thought this was supposed to be about the ASG L96, not Just Bloody Bollocks Guns...?

From what I'm aware, and other people have said, the ASG is a rebranded older model of the Well L96 and isn't entirely compatible with the same parts. Making the Well the better option.

All spring snipers (and gas ones for that matter) will require upgrading out of the box. Every single person in the history of the universe that's just said, "Nah, I don't believe you" has been proven wrong and ended up woefully disappointed. The forums are here to offer everyone who wants or asks for it, help and advice. Don't squander the help people are providing.

If I were going to advise you get a sniper, I'd say the TM VSR10 (or its clones) or the Maruzen L96 (or its clones) anything else is just going to be more hassle than it's worth. Cough my Ares .338 cough.

The very worst thing you can ever do is buy a gun because it is "cheap" and "looks good with a flash supressor" research the best stuff, ask people on here, then take the info on board and purchase accordingly. Buying something sub par because you can't afford the better thing is a terrible, terrible idea. You might as well flush your money down the toilet. It will arrive, it will suck, you will cry, the world will end. Game over.

(Totally not an exaggeration)

You won't be able to sell it back for what you bought it for and you'll be even further from getting what you wanted in the first place.

If you can't afford something worth it, save for longer! Do. Not. Compromise. Unless you're compromising a Systema for a Celsius. 'Cos then you obviously have money to burn. Or indeed, flush down the toilet.

You can make an AEG shoot further than a stock sniper easily. In fact, most will shoot further than stock snipers anyway.

I do have a decent aeg, i just want a sniper rifle as a main weapon so that i have a weapon for long range and a aeg which i have for medium to short ranges

I have tried one of these, you don't seem to have experience with any other airsoft rifle and/or know the meaning of the word decent. Both of the people i know that had one a while back had the gearbox mess up in one way or another after 5000 bb's.

Not read past the first page, but I saw this quote, above.

None of my mates have ever bought anything from JBBG. Though I did read somewhere else on the forums, quite a while ago, that someone had an L85 with a damaged barrel (I thought it was the inner barrel though).

I can agree that JBBG suck arse through a straw, but I don't think the above story is related to them. Or me.

Edit: Just seen that Marcus corrected you. Cool beans.

After reading the rest of the topic:

Anyway, this has gone just a bit off topic. I thought this was supposed to be about the ASG L96, not Just Bloody Bollocks Guns...?

From what I'm aware, and other people have said, the ASG is a rebranded older model of the Well L96 and isn't entirely compatible with the same parts. Making the Well the better option.

All spring snipers (and gas ones for that matter) will require upgrading out of the box. Every single person in the history of the universe that's just said, "Nah, I don't believe you" has been proven wrong and ended up woefully disappointed. The forums are here to offer everyone who wants or asks for it, help and advice. Don't squander the help people are providing.

If I were going to advise you get a sniper, I'd say the TM VSR10 (or its clones) or the Maruzen L96 (or its clones) anything else is just going to be more hassle than it's worth. Cough my Ares .338 cough.

The very worst thing you can ever do is buy a gun because it is "cheap" and "looks good with a flash supressor" research the best stuff, ask people on here, then take the info on board and purchase accordingly. Buying something sub par because you can't afford the better thing is a terrible, terrible idea. You might as well flush your money down the toilet. It will arrive, it will suck, you will cry, the world will end. Game over.

(Totally not an exaggeration)

You won't be able to sell it back for what you bought it for and you'll be even further from getting what you wanted in the first place.

If you can't afford something worth it, save for longer! Do. Not. Compromise. Unless you're compromising a Systema for a Celsius. 'Cos then you obviously have money to burn. Or indeed, flush down the toilet.

You can make an AEG shoot further than a stock sniper easily. In fact, most will shoot further than stock snipers anyway.

ok so, i'm very tempted to get the well l96 from here, http://www.airsoftworld.net/warrior-mk3-l96-sniper-rifle-green-two-tone-mb-01.html

apart from the metal trigger box, what is the least amount of upgrade i need to do to make it just enough for skirmish worthy?

• Supporters

Which if you get the cheapest parts available in all those categories, will cost about £200. If you get the most expensive then you're looking at more like £500. Maybe even more.

You will need them all as well, hop, barrel, piston, guide, spring - need them to make it function as a decent sniper. Without them all you won't hit a person from much further than 40m, especially not with any remote consistency.

The cylinder and trigger related parts will wear out over time until they pack in completely, so although you could go without them for a while, you will 100% definitely have to change them eventually, so you might as well do it sooner than later.

In short, unless you have about £400 to spend, you're better off pretending snipers don't exist.

Get an AEG, put a tightbore in it, have fun. Done.

Airsoft World's claim that it will hit 60m with good accuracy seems pretty bad of them. That's almost going as far as JBBG to get a sale. Quite disappointed with them now.

Sell everything you have, get a GBBR

Fix'd

Which if you get the cheapest parts available in all those categories, will cost about £200. If you get the most expensive then you're looking at more like £500. Maybe even more.

You will need them all as well, hop, barrel, piston, guide, spring - need them to make it function as a decent sniper. Without them all you won't hit a person from much further than 40m, especially not with any remote consistency.

The cylinder and trigger related parts will wear out over time until they pack in completely, so although you could go without them for a while, you will 100% definitely have to change them eventually, so you might as well do it sooner than later.

In short, unless you have about £400 to spend, you're better off pretending snipers don't exist.

Get an AEG, put a tightbore in it, have fun. Done.

Airsoft World's claim that it will hit 60m with good accuracy seems pretty bad of them. That's almost going as far as JBBG to get a sale. Quite disappointed with them now.

Would a new trigger assembly, piston and hop up suffice?

apparently, a reviewer said the bison 702 stock has a metal trigger assembly, guide and piston... tempting but no

They didn't specify which metal it is...could be low quality pot metal, but if you did upgrade the Laylax or PDI ones are steel

• Supporters

Seriously, take the advice of everyone here.

There's a lot of experience on this board and all of it is telling you that justbbguns are charlatans, we've also told you that your DE AK47 with a CYMA gearbox IS NOT worth anything more than £40, it's a plastic bodied gun with a gearbox from a £130 full metal gun. If you want a sniper rifle that will perform 'acceptably' out of the box get a VSR10, if you have a few hundred quid to spend on upgrades AFTER you have bought the initial gun then get a well L96 and replace all of the internal parts.

Personally I'm going to recommend that you save up for a while and buy a G&G Combat Machine of some description and then LEAVE IT ALONE. It'll have next to no resale value (like your DE AK) because you'll have to go two tone, but at least you'll be getting a half decent gun at a very decent price.

• Supporters

OK, double post time.

Have just re-read the whole topic after posting my response... you seem dead set on a sniper rifle for 'long range' shooting, how 'long range' are you expecting really? a fully upgraded tricked out £600 sniper rifle is going to outrange a decent AEG with a well set up hop by 15 metres realistically, maybe less. With a bit of sneaking and use of cover available you will be able to get close enough to shoot people with a standard AEG.

Abandon the idea of a 'budget' skirmishable sniper rifle, it simply DOES NOT EXIST.

There are some oddities you might be interested in, like the KJW Ruger MkI Carbine (http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=GGH0202) reviews said that on green the 1st few shots are at 500 FPS :wacko:

I can see potential if you found a gas that would run it at 400 and you stuck a magnified sight on the short rail on the slide, one reviewer had done that and said he kept it on his back during a skirmish, just in case there's a visible sniper rifle/DMR runner who's just out of his AEG range.

Said Ruger could be a good idea, but you'd need to be taught how to maintain gas guns first (some time ago I worked out that gun , two-toning, 2 extra mags and gas could work out at under £120- the ruger mags are quite cheap)

There are some oddities you might be interested in, like the KJW Ruger MkI Carbine (http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=GGH0202) reviews said that on green the 1st few shots are at 500 FPS :wacko:

I can see potential if you found a gas that would run it at 400 and you stuck a magnified sight on the short rail on the slide, one reviewer had done that and said he kept it on his back during a skirmish, just in case there's a visible sniper rifle/DMR runner who's just out of his AEG range.

Said Ruger could be a good idea, but you'd need to be taught how to maintain gas guns first (some time ago I worked out that gun , two-toning, 2 extra mags and gas could work out at under £120- the ruger mags are quite cheap)

i know how to maintain a gas gun, and i was also thinking of a gas l96, i don't think they need as much upgrades since it's just a switch releasing the gas and no vsr parts involved

EDIT: NVM way out of my range

OK, double post time.

Have just re-read the whole topic after posting my response... you seem dead set on a sniper rifle for 'long range' shooting, how 'long range' are you expecting really? a fully upgraded tricked out £600 sniper rifle is going to outrange a decent AEG with a well set up hop by 15 metres realistically, maybe less. With a bit of sneaking and use of cover available you will be able to get close enough to shoot people with a standard AEG.

Abandon the idea of a 'budget' skirmishable sniper rifle, it simply DOES NOT EXIST.

if upgrading costs that much, why don't i just get a snow wolf m82a1 aeg?

Actually, i don't mind getting the A&K svd. Airsoft world sell it two tone for £90 (well within budget) then i can get a svd rail and install a scope. This seems like an idea cause i've seen how good the A&k svd is

Its a&k so itll be hit and miss, some are good some aren't. As we've all said, get the tm or the well.

Mack, That isn't a ruger in that picture.

Im guessing you have missed the joke ?

• Supporters

Lol Marcus, are you high?

His point was, "Here's a sniper, and yes, that looks nothing like one" lmao.

That's my sniper in that photo though ^_^

Archived