ASG AI L96?

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, i've heard of the ASG Accuracy International L96 but i've never looked it up.

this is the only place i found that could have it two toned: http://www.swindonairsoft.co.uk/pc/ASG-308-Accuracy-International-Well-L96-35p405.htm

Ok, so, it claims it has solid metal construction and judging by other sites, it's claimed to have 490 FPS with .20g

My question is; is it any good as a sniper rifle ready to go out of the box (no upgrades what so ever)?

Or is this better? http://www.airsoftworld.net/warrior-mk3-l96-sniper-rifle-green-two-tone-mb-01.html

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sniper rifle,ever is going to be solid out of the box.You're basically paying for a spring powered AEG.

ASG L96 is a re branded WELL L96,but it's the older version of it.Get the WELL warrior L96 Gen3,it's the same gun but better.

Note,it's hit and miss with these WELLs.Some are fantastic out of the box,some are junk.A common problem is the hop unit being assembled & installed poorly. The screws also strip easily.

Make sure to buy a new trigger unit for it,the stock one will last,but not super long,either keep it 'till it breaks or install a steel one.

Do not buy this RIF. It is not fully upgradable with WELL L96 parts etc. It requires modification and is a pain in the a**, unless you are handy with a file and saw.

I wouldn't recommend it, i'd say pay an extra £10+ for the WELL/Warrior variant.

Avoid the Bison M70 at all costs. The cylinder is slightly off spec from VSR 10,so it's incompatible.The hop units are not compatible with VSR,so new barrels cannot be fitted and more and more bad things. Probably one of the worst airsoft sniper rifles available.

Proprietary as fuck Chinese piece of cack.Avoid avoid avoid avoid.

Avoid the Bison M70 at all costs. The cylinder is slightly off spec from VSR 10,so it's incompatible.The hop units are not compatible with VSR,so new barrels cannot be fitted and more and more bad things. Probably one of the worst airsoft sniper rifles available.

Proprietary as fuck Chinese piece of cack.Avoid avoid avoid avoid.

well, all you said was that it's incompatible.... that doesn't mean it's bad right? I mean, it looks like the well mb10, it might be compatible with that....

bison is also sold on just bb guns = it will most likely brake or be crappy

im definitely not a pro when it comes to snipers but alot of people have previously recommended the WELL Warrior L96 as its probably the closest to being good out of the box than any other spring rifle!

well, all you said was that it's incompatible.... that doesn't mean it's bad right? I mean, it looks like the well mb10, it might be compatible with that....

That bison m70 is just a re branded WELL MB10! As I said,everything is slightly off spec,making upgrades(and a lot of spare parts) out. Out of the box,it's not a great rifle either,if something breaks,it's near impossible to find spare parts.

Go with a Marui VSR 10 for 170£ or a Well Warrior L96 for 145£,both have a large array of upgrades and spare parts available.

That bison m70 is just a re branded WELL MB10! As I said,everything is slightly off spec,making upgrades(and a lot of spare parts) out. Out of the box,it's not a great rifle either,if something breaks,it's near impossible to find spare parts.

Go with a Marui VSR 10 for 170£ or a Well Warrior L96 for 145£,both have a large array of upgrades and spare parts available.

well, the thing is.... i can't go that far with money and that many upgrades; I could get a TM VSR 10 but i won't be able to upgrade it any further. You even said the Warrior was a hit or miss.... that sounds awfully risky.

I'll have a look at other sniper rifles, any other suggestions that could be possible below 200?

the TM is the least hit and miss sniper out there.

If you don't want to be putting any more money into it, either accept you can only have it stock, or realise that getting a sniper isn't really a great idea.

It is still accurate, but range and power is lacking. You would be very undermatched against an AEG.

bison is also sold on just bb guns = it will most likely brake or be crappy

im definitely not a pro when it comes to snipers but alot of people have previously recommended the WELL Warrior L96 as its probably the closest to being good out of the box than any other spring rifle!

What your saying is that stuff sold on JBBG is will most likely brake or be crappy... SRC are sold on there... WE is also sold on there....

Bison is a brand that i think are still starting out and are still in the "newbie" sort of range. They still don't have many range of guns today but I have owned 2 of the C401b shotgun they had at the time, and i have to say, it is a pretty decent shotgun.

My first c401b was dropped from the top floor out of my window (8-10m drop?) after my mum scared the crap out of me whilst i was shooting out the window. The outer barrel was plastic and it broke, there were 2 metal rods connecting the piston to the pumping handle and they were bent badly and i couldn't cock the gun, apart from that... everything was intact; the stock, internals etc, I would say pretty solid apart from the barrel...

JBBG stuff generally is crappy.

They have only recently started stocking SRC and WE, and they are very over priced compared to other sites.

And they market them as "pro" guns.

The majority of airsofters would regard these "pro" guns as lower end starter guns.

My first c401b was dropped from the top floor out of my window (8-10m drop?) after my mum scared the crap out of me whilst i was shooting out the window. The outer barrel was plastic and it broke, there were 2 metal rods connecting the piston to the pumping handle and they were bent badly and i couldn't cock the gun, apart from that... everything was intact; the stock, internals etc, I would say pretty solid apart from the barrel...

Why the hell are you shooting an airsoft rifle outside a window, for the public to see and mistake for a real firearm... ?! -.-

• Supporters

What your saying is that stuff sold on JBBG is will most likely brake or be crappy... SRC are sold on there... WE is also sold on there....

Bison is a brand that i think are still starting out and are still in the "newbie" sort of range. They still don't have many range of guns today but I have owned 2 of the C401b shotgun they had at the time, and i have to say, it is a pretty decent shotgun.

It's all overpriced, so for what they sell, yes, it is crappy. Just having had a look, I can't find any good WE stuff on there, and while the SRC stuff is ok, there are plenty of other retailers around- all of which are preferable.

Bison's from what I can see are probably unskirmishable, and most likely won't take standard parts.

Your c401b can't have been that good a shotgun either, considering it fires one BB at a time. It's a budget brand, maybe slightly above DE, but a budget brand nonetheless.

The skirmishable stuff JBBG stock is usually stored really badly; one of Ed's mates ICS L85 from JBBG came firing at 210 fps and it had a rusty outer barrel. Craig's L85 had all kinds of electrical faults thanks to their tech, who looks about 15 in the JBBG vids.

I'd just say keep away from sniping if you can't afford the upgrades, get a decent AEG or some kit instead (I would suggest getting an actual CYMA branded AK, or an SRC M4) just make sure you don't buy from JBBG.

1, you'll be fuelling a company which ilegally sells their age restriced products to U18's (and cheats them out of their money saying that a £20 shotgun is amazing for skirmishing) and 2, your purchases may come damaged or very badly stored.

It's all overpriced, so for what they sell, yes, it is crappy. Just having had a look, I can't find any good WE stuff on there, and while the SRC stuff is ok, there are plenty of other retailers around- all of which are preferable.

Bison's from what I can see are probably unskirmishable, and most likely won't take standard parts.

Your c401b can't have been that good a shotgun either, considering it fires one BB at a time. It's a budget brand, maybe slightly above DE, but a budget brand nonetheless.

alot of people skirmish with shotguns that fire 1 bb at a time....

If you've owned the c401b, you'll know it's a decent gun and has not bad accuracy considering the hop is set at .25g

alot of people skirmish with shotguns that fire 1 bb at a time....

If you've owned the c401b, you'll know it's a decent gun and has not bad accuracy considering the hop is set at .25g

If you define 'decent gun' as one made of plastic. Sure, it may be decent for a gun that's £20, but it doesn't really matter what the hop is set at; it will be outperformed by any TM or Well springer.

A lot of people may skirmish with them; however, a lot of new airsofters have been cheated by JBBG. The amount of users does not mean that the specific product is great.

30 pounds for a crappy pump shotgun, if you had saved 30 more you could have picked up a De M56DL, full metal, steel inner barrels and its a tri shot!

Plus jbbg never really have customers above the age of 18.. :/

30 pounds for a crappy pump shotgun, if you had saved 30 more you could have picked up a De M56DL, full metal, steel inner barrels and its a tri shot!

Plus jbbg never really have customers above the age of 18.. :/

None of the M56 shotguns have metal outers (as far as I know) but the plasic quality is much better then some £30 springer

Archived