Buying a gun, need some fps help

Yashy

I can ask for this gun to be lowered in fps and jouls, If i wanted to make it compatible with outdoor play at 0.25 or higher.

(I'm still not understanding the fps requirement in sites)

So to make this gun compatable and not get kicked out of every site what can I ask the person to do make sure I can fit the requirements of nearly all sites in UK?

https://www.therealdealairsoft.com/products/pre-build-mk18-goblin

Ask them to make it run at 1 Joule using your preferred BB weight with the hop set for perfect flight, but holy fuck, that is a price!

Edited by Colin Allen

• Moderators

According to the link, you can specify either 400 or 350fps, I think there's your answer, just ensure you've picked the right option at checkout.

(350 obviously)

The sites can vary in terms of fps (at a given weight of BB) or a joule limit based on the conditions of their liability insurance policy.

That ~1.4J/400fps spec is presumably for a DMR setup as it's illegal to have a full-auto capable airsoft gun above 1.3J without a section 5 licence.

As Colin said, if you ask them to tune the gun to run at a maximum of 1 joule with a chosen weight of BB and they can oblige you on that, that ought to suit you with the majority of UK sites if you don't want to swap springs.