TM Electric Auto Loader

TheFull9

• Supporters

Couldn't see any other details out there, looks good though.  The Odin sidewinder has been raved about for a long time and I do get why, but after dragging my heels and eventually picking one up a year or so ago I've never ended up actually using it, as quite often I'll head to a game with my TM EBBRs and pistols; haven't fancied the idea of having to build up a collection of adapters for the thing.  Having one fast loader that's ready to go for most types of mags is very appealing, personally.

Obviously there's the evike loader that came out not too long ago which is similar to the the above, probably decent, but for myself I've got more trust in a TM product vs whichever unknown chinese OEM evike use.

6 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Couldn't see any other details out there, looks good though.  The Odin sidewinder has been raved about for a long time and I do get why, but after dragging my heels and eventually picking one up a year or so ago I've never ended up actually using it, as quite often I'll head to a game with my TM EBBRs and pistols; haven't fancied the idea of having to build up a collection of adapters for the thing.  Having one fast loader that's ready to go for most types of mags is very appealing, personally.

Obviously there's the evike loader that came out not too long ago which is similar to the the above, probably decent, but for myself I've got more trust in a TM product vs whichever unknown chinese OEM evike use.

I quite like the autobot, works well with GBBR/GBBP/Aeg. My only gripes are the small amount of BB’s it can have (1400), and the initial price 

31 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

But we don’t want an auto loader .. we want a GBB Hi-Power!

We have to settle for a different coloured Hicapa variant again. The Canadians are dumping their old Hi-Power inventory on the Ukrainians. Some current events following Japanese executive might be inspired.

As to the auto loader will be curious to see how this performs. Think the Laylax one underperformed.

On 11/10/2024 at 05:34, TheFull9 said:

looks good! Initial price will be the decider for me. The current auto loaders at +£100 are just too expensive for my taste.

• Supporters
On 11/10/2024 at 18:11, Jacob Wright said:

How long before I can stand in the safe zone and say “back in my day we had to load our magazines with a manual speed loader, no auto loaders” 😂

That's my favourite activity.  Soon as I hit 30 I started referencing the 00s to anyone young enough as if I were reminiscing on WW1.

On 12/10/2024 at 09:54, Danno46 said:

Well it looked like he was loading a mws magazine, I thought it looked like he had added some kind of attachment ?

Looks like they show it here.  Seemingly a built in accessory as it were.

https://www.popularairsoft.com/tokyo-marui-reveals-p-90-verllenn-hi-capa-dor-r-bb-auto-loader-62nd-all-japan-model-hobby-show

• Supporters
On 12/10/2024 at 09:24, MistakenMexican said:

looks good! Initial price will be the decider for me. The current auto loaders at +£100 are just too expensive for my taste.

Yeah...it's TM though innit. You'll be paying that sweet, sweet grey import tax!

15 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

That's my favourite activity.  Soon as I hit 30 I started referencing the 00s to anyone young enough as if I were reminiscing on WW1.

You crazy kids and your post-millennium stories.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Lozart said:

Yeah...it's TM though innit. You'll be paying that sweet, sweet grey import tax!

Their stuff will definitely cost more than it should, given the extra steps it must go through with businesses in Japan that must exist purely to bulk buy and then export it, probably having to jump through many hoops along the way.  But with most of the products they last so long and perform so well vs the competition I'm honestly more than fine with that I would have to say (that's just my opinion of course).

And sometimes the prices aren't even high.  F-S had 5.1 Hi-Capas on sale a few months ago for, iirc, £99, which is the price of a lot of more budget pistol brands and the TM 5.1 is arguably the most effective/efficient GBB pistol out of the box that exists.

It'll be interesting to weight this offering up vs the autobot once the price is known and I think for a lot of people the battery options with favour the Evike offering, but as I mentioned earlier I've not personally loved the Odin M12 for my own purposes and my absolutely ancient TM 556 mag manual loader is still what I use the most at the moment.  This loader could finally usurp my old manual and see use every game for me personally, though given that I always use mid caps I'd still keep the manual in the bottom of the old gear bag just in case.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Their stuff will definitely cost more than it should, given the extra steps it must go through with businesses in Japan that must exist purely to bulk buy and then export it, probably having to jump through many hoops along the way.  But with most of the products they last so long and perform so well vs the competition I'm honestly more than fine with that I would have to say (that's just my opinion of course).

And sometimes the prices aren't even high.  F-S had 5.1 Hi-Capas on sale a few months ago for, iirc, £99, which is the price of a lot of more budget pistol brands and the TM 5.1 is arguably the most effective/efficient GBB pistol out of the box that exists.

It'll be interesting to weight this offering up vs the autobot once the price is known and I think for a lot of people the battery options with favour the Evike offering, but as I mentioned earlier I've not personally loved the Odin M12 for my own purposes and my absolutely ancient TM 556 mag manual loader is still what I use the most at the moment.  This loader could finally usurp my old manual and see use every game for me personally, though given that I always use mid caps I'd still keep the manual in the bottom of the old gear bag just in case.

I have an Odin and the Airtac universal adaptor. Thanks to my quite frankly annoyingly large hands I can hold the mag and wind the loader without any issues, plus as stated many times before, it'll fit in a pouch for use outside of the safe zone. As a result, any electric autoloader will only ever see the boot of my car and maybe a table in a safe zone. I don't think any of the ones I've seen of late (Laylax, Evike or TM) have been so great that I'd actually want the hassle of lugging them about. I am however seriously considering a Vanguard one.

• Supporters

Yeah course, makes sense.  I don't carry a loader in game myself it only ever sits in the gun bag back in the SZ, so something like the TM works, but yeah I definitely wouldn't be carrying on my person either haha.

Had no idea about those airtac adapters for the M12 before though, the generic model has gone right to the top of the list of things to try cheers for that info 👌

• Supporters
2 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Had no idea about those airtac adapters for the M12 before though, the generic model has gone right to the top of the list of things to try cheers for that info 👌

It is DEAD handy! If you're using something particularly cumbersome (one of those gert big FAL mags springs to mind) then it might be a bit unwieldy, but I've used it no problem for all of mine.

Well... I don't see the point of carrying (even if it's from the car trunk to the SZ table) that thing around.

An Odin (proper one, not the cheapy clones) will do the same job for most likely less than half the price, it has a rebuild kit available if something breaks, can be "silenced" and can be stored inside a double M4 pouch or a backpack without too much hassle.

Plus nowadays there are plenty of adapters for most magazines, even though the OG airtech universal is still king.

It's also one more battery to remember..

6 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I don't want it, therefore nobody should... 👌

The free market very much disagrees however.

Not saying nobody should :)

Everyone can do whatever they want with their hard earned, I just wouldn't buy it, I have an Odin and it's more than enough for my needs :)