Could an older family member buy me an RIF?

TheJiggleriest

If somebody is over 18 can i pay them to buy an RIF even if they dont have a ukara but if I have a defence or would they be the ones who need a defence since they are technically the one ordering it?

And does this apply to ordering RIFs from asian companies into the uk?

• Moderators

images-8.jpeg

On 07/09/2024 at 13:45, Cannonfodder said:

Strange. Its usually the start of school holidays when the dumb how to get a rif without a defence posts appear

Lol.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

How can you be under 18 but have a defence? 

The retailer needs to adduce a defence.  Selling a RIF to dad to gift on to son to use for playing airsoft at insured sites would seem to satisfy the letter and spirit of the law, and no offences would be committed by dad or son in either case - if buying within the UK.

However, importation is an offence, and you'll need to provide more evidence than calling up BBGnuz4U and saying "Aw, go on, mister, I've saved up all my 50ps, I'll be ever so careful, honest, mister."  Don't risk it, it's likely to result in seizure or possibly even criminal charges - people have had knocks on the door from police over importation.

So, anyway:

On 08/09/2024 at 00:16, Rogerborg said:

How long have you been playing, and where?

Would I be wrong in assuming that the answer is "I'm thinking about playing, honest, mister."