SB MDR-X Micron

Mintyxxx

e67371_5130ee1164ae42b3b9dd3bf4972a091f~mv2.jpg

These have finally shown up as a preorder at Longbow. This is v3 of the MDR-X after the initial mess at launch, I think SB have shown some really good after sales service to their customers. the V3 has a lot of new gubbins including a decent mosfet with all the usual bells and whistles (pre-cocking, AB, etc).

Preorder is on for £560 which seems crazy high to me, but still want one...

What are anyone's thoughts on it?

Bloody hell that's ugly

I agree that the price is a bit much, especially as other guns with all those features are available for less

Imagine it will be quite the decent performer.  Good on them for keeping the line going.

Pity there isn't an airsoft X95 except for the LPEG. 

3 hours ago, Mintyxxx said:

These have finally shown up as a preorder at Longbow. This is v3 of the MDR-X after the initial mess at launch, I think SB have shown some really good after sales service to their customers. the V3 has a lot of new gubbins including a decent mosfet with all the usual bells and whistles (pre-cocking, AB, etc).

Knowing how dogshit the MDR was at launch I woudn't preoder anything from them but hey it's your money. 👍

Edited by Krisz

16 hours ago, Krisz said:

Knowing how dogshit the MDR was at launch I woudn't preoder anything from them but hey it's your money. 👍

Haha yeah, I wouldn't buy one on preorder but I do think it's pretty rare for a company to give the support that they have done to fix the issues that were apparent. So that gives me hope it's decent, I'll wait for reviews and the price to move.

• Supporters

That's a tough one. SilverBack do support their guns... but they do keep releasing them with problems.  Given how badly they messed up the original release, you'd have to be the truest of believers to pre-order the next swing at it - especially at that price.

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That's a tough one. SilverBack do support their guns... but they do keep releasing them with problems.  Given how badly they messed up the original release, you'd have to be the truest of believers to pre-order the next swing at it - especially at that price.

Unless they have removed everything Ares touched would not go near this with a 10 foot barge pole. 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, BigStew said:

Unless they have removed everything Ares touched would not go near this with a 10 foot barge pole. 

Agreed, fixing them by upgrading to CYMA parts is wild.

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Agreed, fixing them by upgrading to CYMA parts is wild.

WDYM? Was the original built with Ares parts and the V3 with CYMA parts?

34 minutes ago, Mintyxxx said:

Yes to 1st no idea to the 2nd. 

On 17/08/2024 at 14:15, Mintyxxx said:

Tis very pretty 😍 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Mintyxxx said:

I mean, one fix for the original is to drop a CYMA gear (or compatible) in there.  Silverback actually went out of their way to fit a gear that worked worse than the de facto industry standard. I hope they've replaced the Ares part with a "worse" one (that actually works). I'm not paying £560 to find out though!

On 19/08/2024 at 15:27, GenuineGerman said:

Tis very pretty 😍 

Ha I guess there's at least two of us that like it. I just want a decent ootb bullpup