Newbie but also an oldie

Morning, 

I'm an old, out of shape player that's just got back into Airsoft. I have a few guns from back when, sadly one which is a 90s gas gun didn't work after the first shot. But my newer ics mp5 still managed to last an entire game. I'm hoping to get it serviced soon as it was a bit low on the chrono.

Things have certainly changed from when my friends and I used to head into the local woods and just game there. 

Already reading up on an the helpful advice posted on here. Looking forward to me next game 👍

Morning and welcome.

I think you'll find yourself in good company here as we mostly seem to be old and out of shape.

Where abouts do you play?

Welcome.

There's quite a few of us old gits here so you'll be in good company to moan about kids today and how bad their music is 

Edited by Cannonfodder

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Welcome.

There's quite a few of us old gits here so you'll be in good company to moan about kids today and how bad their music is 

It really is isn't it?

7 hours ago, DanBow said:

Morning and welcome.

I think you'll find yourself in good company here as we mostly seem to be old and out of shape.

Hey I'm not out of shape...I'm very nearly perfectly round..

😉

55 minutes ago, Shamal said:

.I'm very nearly perfectly round..

and round is most definitely a shape. You totally beat me to it there!!

Hello & welcome!! As has been said, a lot of us are old gits here and what is it with 'music' nowadays, it's all disposable throw-away rubbish that's got even less longevity than Liz Truss. What happened to bands who play actual instruments and write music? That said there's pockets of yoof who appreciate proper music, was very pleased to see some at a recent Smashing Pumpkins gig proper singing along to songs easily twice their age. Even the dance music in the 90's was better!

11 hours ago, DanBow said:

Oi, I'm not out of shape, I'm round... a perfect shape.

Oh, bugger... too late.

Edited by gavinkempsell

14 hours ago, DanBow said:

Morning and welcome.

Kent is my area. Been to imperium and we are off to another soon

5 hours ago, Madhouse said:

and round is most definitely a shape. You totally beat me to it there!!

Hello & welcome!! As has been said, a lot of us are old gits here and what is it with 'music' nowadays, it's all disposable throw-away rubbish that's got even less longevity than Liz Truss. What happened to bands who play actual instruments and write music? That said there's pockets of yoof who appreciate proper music, was very pleased to see some at a recent Smashing Pumpkins gig proper singing along to songs easily twice their age. Even the dance music in the 90's was better!

I quite liked 90s dance 😬🤣

But agreed some mod today's music is utter tripe. I'm getting the kids into Metallica to make up for it 👍

• 3 weeks later...

80's stuff is the best anyway.....

Welcome to the madhouse. Kent you say? I've yet to experience Imperium but i do the under 18's days at Apocolypse in detling/maidstone/sittingbourne (wherever it is, its smack bang in the middle of that lot!) as i take the ungrateful little oiks that listen to crap and toctick all the time......