been into shotoing all my life have shotguns and PcP air rifle looking at  airsoft now im slightly older 

hoppefully going to TM airsoft redditch on the 14th july if work allows 

looking forard to it 

i wear  glassses so what would you recomend for googles of the mesh type face covering dont want to be misting up

cheers

mike

Hi bud and welcome.👍

Climb aboard the good ship afuk and enjoy the delights therein. 

Mesh type eye pro is ok ish but I have found that they cut out a certain amount of light and there is the problem of the odd BB hitting them and shattering and pieces going through the mesh. That wouldn't be so much of a prob for you as you have your glasses for secondary protection.

Fogging up is a problem for many of us but there are various anti fog products which help but don't stop it completely. There are goggles with electric fans built in which blow cooler air over the inside of the goggles which does help a lot but they can be bulkier and more expensive.

Some of they guys on here have talked about prescription eyepro which helps a lot because you are only wearing one set of eye protection. Am sure someone will guide you on that option. 

Whatever you get make sure it is up to spec for Airsoft. 

Enjoy your first game and remember to call ya hits👍

Regards 

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  Airsoft is a blast, just pace yourself and keep hydrated.

Fogging is a sod of an issue for a lot of us, and the number 2 rule (after don't be a dick) is to never, ever remove your eyepro in the game zone, even to clean it.

It looks like TM rent out paintball style sealed masks rather than mesh, which will make it more likely that your glasses will steam up.  I've tried various potions and lotions for anti-fogging, with the most successful (and expensive) being Revision anti-fog wipes, followed by Cat-Crap (yes, really) paste.  Ventilation is the real solution, and if you stick with sealed goggles, Ex-Fog fans (and knock-offs) are available, or you can DIY something with a computer/3d printer cooler fan and some ducting.

I run goggles in CQB for the light transmission and lack of spalling, but for outdoors, I've switched to mesh. The gold standard is @heroshark who does made-to-order and custom goggles, which means you'll need to wait quite a bit as he's always got more demand than time. Jumping off point for that is https://www.facebook.com/Heroshark/

However, more basic mesh goggles or masks work too, and your glasses will deal with the fragment problem.  While I've got no love for the brand, I do think the mesh on these Nuprol goggles looks solid enough for airsoft, and they're hopefully big enough to cover your regular glasses. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nuprol-Pro-Mesh-Eye-Protection/dp/B0797R9TJ4 

You'll likely want to remove the foam on those, or anything else you get, to increase airflow.

Welcome to the madness.

There's different types of eye protection available and unfortunately it's one of those things where which type is "best" is down to personal preference. Personally I don't like mesh as not only does it cut down the amount of light getting to your eyes, but I found when looking down optics I would sometimes get a reflection in the glass of the sight messing up the sight picture even more. Another issue I've seen with mesh masks is that some of the cheaper masks are simply not safe with the mesh popping out of the mask after a few hits or even the mesh itself bending or breaking. To me it's not worth risking my eye sight for the sake of saving a few quid

I use glasses treated with cat-crap (this stuff, so leave Tiddles' litter box alone https://www.amazon.co.uk/EK-Crap-Anti-fog-Treatment-Paste/dp/B003RLJ6UE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=27A9YTWQA2TIK&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.bkx18YS-RG2MFcFDW6VKLe7UKLigP3-_gYO2Wgi-nB01sNlHUx2D9jgLKhrCsa-_oyRZs5_JbFMcaficu1-cT3q733OPEmqCcHAwCnSYCO4ZiUoLgRCEW_TVVp5rMuw5h5t-ezvaUID-JV4AvQ8WxXS3KjJCM0m6kx2e9MeXFFE.HmuqbAM-cSGylDSPrh4k2cte7FC_8QSt3BlsTYLMduE&dib_tag=se&keywords=cat+crap+anti+fog&qid=1719597381&sprefix=cat+crap%2Caps%2C556&sr=8-1 ). While it may look a bit on the  expensive side compared to other anti fog treatments you only need to use a small amount and a tub will literally last years.

Whatever you go for just make sure they're of the correct safety rating EN166 B.

This is a good write up of the different types of eye protection for airsoft 

https://safetyprotectionglasses.com/2020/08/safety-glasses-for-airsoft/

As a long term player, who’s always worn glasses, the best bang for buck goggles that will fit over normal sized glasses are Bolle Pilots.

They vent pretty well and don’t interfere with getting a cheek weld / looking down the gun sights.

Hi quality mesh goggs from Heroshark really are the best, but as others have said they do reduce light transmission so are best used outdoors IMO.

Ultimately try and keep yourself cool and keep moving.

Fan assisted goggs are the best but noisyish and expensive.

Or go contacts, it’s one less surface to fog up.

Guys thanks a lot cat crap on order and googles too 

lots of good information here thanks again 

I know I might be jumping the gun no Pune intended 😀but what you guys think about the 

MTW unleashed riffle it’s a lot of money but is a complete unit rather than air lines and bottle 

or it there anything comparable to it 

cheers again 

• Supporters

Hmm, coming from PCP I can see why you'd gravitate towards that.

What I'd strongly urge is to play at least a couple of times before making any decision.  You'll likely get a big adrenaline hit off of the first day and it's easy to go mad and buy all the things.  But the actual experience of playing is about taking hits, rather than what you use to make them.

Having been through all the platforms over and over, HPA powered assualt and sub guns just dont make sense IMO, if you play paintball style with a big ol' bottle on your back fair enough.

HPA works best with long barrel lengths to achieve efficient gas use / vs fps.

So if you have a 16" assualt rifle fine, but sub 16"/400mm inner barrel length youll find air consumption rises exponentially.

The problem with butt stock powered HPA is you have a small air capacity, hence short barrelled guns that youre likely going to be firing a high volume of semi shots or full auto bursts just doesnt work.

In all my playing over the years this is the TLDR for me;

GAS - best for pistols

HPA - best for snipers / DMR

AEG - best for everything else

In airsoft the best all round setup is a well built AEG with circa 330mm inner barrel.

Youll have a riot indoors with it and can reach out to 60-65M outside with it.

If you want something smaller a built TM P90 is full stealth, insane indoors and will still range out 55-60M.

This has to be the most underated airsoft gun out there.

Only caveat to the above is that if you crave realism, gun functionality and interaction, TM MWS all day long.

For me i run AEG main gun and a GBB pistol 'for my kicks'.

Edited by Davegolf