I'm Taking a Quick Visit to the UK...

I'm in London currently, and I'll be back through Scotland in a couple weeks as well as the north of the country. Unfortunately I can't swing any airsoft days, but is there anything else I shouldn't miss?

Imperial War Museum is always worth a visit, free entry too (some special exhibits may have a fee). Also there's the RAF Museum at Hendon

Where in Scotland you going?  I'd always advocate for a drive through the highlands.  Glencoe and the west coast are beautiful this time of year.  Bring a car!

I recommend a paddle at Portobello beach... it'll put hairs on your chest.;)

In all seriousness tho, visit the Royal Armouries in Leeds, Glencoe is a good shout & if you go that far then go further and visit Fort George near Inverness, it only has a small museum but the scale of the fort & engineering involved is incredible (only visit if you're going to be nearby tho).

Lots of things to see in Scotland but you'll spend a lot of time just driving to see them.

3 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

Whitby is worth a look, see the Abbey, have a sail on the HMS Endeavour, have some really nice fish and chips and the weather might be nice enough to enjoy the beach. 

Seconded.

13 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

I'm in London currently, and I'll be back through Scotland in a couple weeks as well as the north of the country. Unfortunately I can't swing any airsoft days, but is there anything else I shouldn't miss?

Welcome to the motherland 😁.  Where in Laaandan are you?  As suggested take advantage of the museums.  Take advantage too of one of the most diverse cities in the world when it comes to food options, but that involves going away from the city and into zone 2 and 3.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'll keep the museum and activity ideas close and do some research.

On 14/05/2024 at 02:41, Jamsandwich said:

Where in Scotland you going?  I'd always advocate for a drive through the highlands.  Glencoe and the west coast are beautiful this time of year.  Bring a car!

I know we're going to be in Inverness, but I think we'll be all around the area for a week or so.

21 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Welcome to the motherland 😁.  Where in Laaandan are you?  As suggested take advantage of the museums.  Take advantage too of one of the most diverse cities in the world when it comes to food options, but that involves going away from the city and into zone 2 and 3.

We were in the Hounslow area by London-Heathrow for a couple days, and we've actually hopped to Madrid for a bit, but we'll be back in the U.K. in a few weeks.

Definitely taking advantage of the food. I come from an area of the USA that offers a lot of culinary variety, but the best part about new countries is always the eating, and London seems to have a lot of great ethnic cuisine. We already grabbed some Indian food the other night, and I suspect there will be more to come.

15 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

I know we're going to be in Inverness, but I think we'll be all around the area for a week or so.

I live about 20 minutes out of Inverness, I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you go.  I'm sure you'll check out Loch Ness.  Just be mindful that everybody who visits has the same idea, I've heard the traffic is pretty crazy around there these days.  You may get lucky though.  If you find out what times the tour buses operate you should even be able to avoid them.

And if you get desperate for an airsoft game Tazball (now MonkeyFace) is very close!

• Supporters
On 15/05/2024 at 15:18, Leo Greer said:

We were in the Hounslow area by London-Heathrow for a couple days,

Bad luck.