Tokyo Marui Scope on GBBR - Great Idea or Expensive Mistake...?

LzChase

One of my friends found a used Marui PSG-1 which had a broken lower receiver. He's put a replica PMII scope on it instead as he's working on rebuilding it to resemble an MSG90A1.

I traded him some pistols for the original scope, which now sits on my VFC PSG-1. 

But can I play with it or should I use it as a display scope? For those who don't know, even though I think most people do know, the Marui PSG-1 is an EBB with almost no recoil while the VFC version is a GBBR with a full size reciprocating bolt assembly made from a pretty heavy alloy.

The Marui PSG-1 Scope is pretty hard to come by on it's own so I don't want to break it. The scope itself is a Tasco 4x40 dressed up like a Hensoldt Wetzlar scope, so it's a very simple model. It is not illuminated and has fixed magnification.

I used a spare tm psg1 scope on a WE M14 and pretty quickly it started to loose its zero after a few shots. So I would imagine it would break pretty quickly on a VFC psg1

9 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

It's Purty, did the tripod come with it?

no , had to source that from overseas , it’s a clone but absolutely spot on , steel legs , fully adjustable and takes down like the genuine/original LOGA version . 

IMG_7132.thumb.jpeg.5a0a6c8731980c8b8d312c9c2a1eac24.jpegIMG_7133.thumb.jpeg.b78dd4e6240644d43dcc8c74eff278eb.jpegIMG_7134.thumb.jpeg.f044c3bd9b5688df6ed827085c02ecf3.jpeg

Once the kit is complete I shall refoam the case to be a bit more like the original issued set.

RS:

IMG_7131.thumb.jpeg.865ac2dbeb4f616065dc2159dc6394f9.jpeg

good read here on the real one ,

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/new-to-me-hk-psg1-very-detailed-overview-inside.222325/

Forgotten Weapons has a great video for this too. (as I'm sure most of us have seen).

For those who haven't... 

Edited by gavinkempsell

• 2 weeks later...