Tokyo Marui Scope on GBBR - Great Idea or Expensive Mistake...?

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

One of my friends found a used Marui PSG-1 which had a broken lower receiver. He's put a replica PMII scope on it instead as he's working on rebuilding it to resemble an MSG90A1.

I traded him some pistols for the original scope, which now sits on my VFC PSG-1. 

But can I play with it or should I use it as a display scope? For those who don't know, even though I think most people do know, the Marui PSG-1 is an EBB with almost no recoil while the VFC version is a GBBR with a full size reciprocating bolt assembly made from a pretty heavy alloy.

The Marui PSG-1 Scope is pretty hard to come by on it's own so I don't want to break it. The scope itself is a Tasco 4x40 dressed up like a Hensoldt Wetzlar scope, so it's a very simple model. It is not illuminated and has fixed magnification.

I used a spare tm psg1 scope on a WE M14 and pretty quickly it started to loose its zero after a few shots. So I would imagine it would break pretty quickly on a VFC psg1

9 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

It's Purty, did the tripod come with it?

no , had to source that from overseas , it’s a clone but absolutely spot on , steel legs , fully adjustable and takes down like the genuine/original LOGA version . 

IMG_7132.thumb.jpeg.5a0a6c8731980c8b8d312c9c2a1eac24.jpegIMG_7133.thumb.jpeg.b78dd4e6240644d43dcc8c74eff278eb.jpegIMG_7134.thumb.jpeg.f044c3bd9b5688df6ed827085c02ecf3.jpeg

Once the kit is complete I shall refoam the case to be a bit more like the original issued set.

RS:

IMG_7131.thumb.jpeg.865ac2dbeb4f616065dc2159dc6394f9.jpeg

good read here on the real one ,

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/new-to-me-hk-psg1-very-detailed-overview-inside.222325/

Forgotten Weapons has a great video for this too. (as I'm sure most of us have seen).

For those who haven't... 

Edited by gavinkempsell

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.