ExFog.

I've found a pair of goggles that I REALLY like, however they will definitely fog up. The Novritsch Antifog unit requires you to cut a section out the top of the goggles. How does the ExFog attach?

16 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've found a pair of goggles that I REALLY like, however they will definitely fog up. The Novritsch Antifog unit requires you to cut a section out the top of the goggles. How does the ExFog attach?

I can tell you soon, as I've got one on order due to arrive this week 😅

I have an Exfog. It has two open ended tubes that I just stuff into the top of my goggles, one each side. I had already pulled the foam off for better ventilation. The rubber that the foam was attached to is soft enough to push aside and slide the tube in and then route it through my helmet and cut to size. I bought the velcro pouch and just stuck it to the back of my helmet under the bungees so it didn't go anywhere.

I believe the tubing is just some generic PVC tubing used in aquariums and such but I can't remember what size it is.

I pair my Exfog with some Revision anti-fog wipes which are cheap as chips and last for months at a time as long as you don't get it dirty and re-seal it.

Only downside i've ever found is that when using active hearing protection, that's mounted to the helmet, it'll amplify the vibration from the fan/motor and be really annoying.

Edited by MrTea

5 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Velcro or headband.

I've never used either system, I guess the headband is more secure?

12 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've never used either system, I guess the headband is more secure?

Maybe but it looks goofy.

I prefer helmet over anything else but you can set it up as you please. Boonie, baseball cap or even Dye.

You can buy that velcro pouch separately. Also, it's worth to mention that Exfog came out with a new version (XT) not long ago so you'd be better to buy that one. Mine is "first gen".

IMG_20240131_054659.jpg

IMG_20240131_054715.jpg

Edited by Krisz

The Novritsch ones are really good - the magnetic link attachment works perfectly - so much so, most of the time, the act of putting the helmet on is enough to link it up to the goggles. The hole that it requires you punch in the frame of the goggles is rather small - I'd say half way between a Skittle and a Smartie! That said, I used it with the pyramex goggles that have a soft rubber frame - I presume it would also work with goggles that have a hard plastic frame, but it might require a bit more attention, and maybe a bit of glue.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Random question: if it's in a pouch, where is it drawing the air from?

Unit is a simple fan which circulates air through those silicon tubes. Speed can be adjusted.

Edited by Krisz

1 hour ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

The Novritsch ones are really good - the magnetic link attachment works perfectly - so much so, most of the time, the act of putting the helmet on is enough to link it up to the goggles. The hole that it requires you punch in the frame of the goggles is rather small - I'd say half way between a Skittle and a Smartie! That said, I used it with the pyramex goggles that have a soft rubber frame - I presume it would also work with goggles that have a hard plastic frame, but it might require a bit more attention, and maybe a bit of glue.

Novshit one has a crappy plastic box that can be shattered with a direct hit from a 1.7J BB though, which was what turned me off it, rather than having to punch the hole.

4 hours ago, Krisz said:

Maybe but it looks goofy.

I prefer helmet over anything else but you can set it up as you please. Boonie, baseball cap or even Dye.

This is how I prefer to run it. You can buy that velcro pouch separately. Also, it's worth to mention that Exfog came out with a new version (XT) not long ago so you'd be better to buy that one. Mine is "first gen".

IMG_20240131_054659.jpg

IMG_20240131_054715.jpg

Yup XT is what i have arriving today, from reading the promotional guff again, it looks like it also has magnetic attachments now as well, except it doesn't look like it needs to butcher the recipient goggles in the process.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Krisz said:

Unit is a simple fan which circulates air through those silicon tubes. Speed can be adjusted.

I mean, if it's sealed inside a pouch, doesn't that effects its ability to draw air in?  Just curious, as I run an exposed DIY fan. I guess if the Ex Fogs work, then there must be enough airflow.

3d printer printing part cooling fan 50mm 12V dc melbourne australia

3 hours ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

The Novritsch ones are really good

Especially if you want to see what's inside them... ;)

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I mean, if it's sealed inside a pouch, doesn't that effects its ability to draw air in?  Just curious, as I run an exposed DIY fan. I guess if the Ex Fogs work, then there must be enough airflow.

Yes but you need a manifold for that.

Also, some kind of protective case wouldn't hurt before one of your teammates wrecks it.

Edited by Krisz

53 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Yes but you need a manifold for that.

I designed one a few years back, and printed a prototype to test airflow - but preferred a goggle-mounted fan solution so never developed it any further

image.png.2aa2ce61be0d1b552a8630766613ff5e.pngimage.png.c66e18582f63938b135b9cf3c345465f.pngimage.png.cc34f93e79f2a5cd12c7e5f7fb8608eb.png

V2 was to be fully enclosed with an integrated battery to go in a counterweight pouch.

Edited by Speedbird_666

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Yep  -this did the rounds - as far as i know, it was driven by competitors or youtubers keen on clickbait. But fairs fair, clearly in certain circumstances the plastic clearly wasn't up to it. I believe that the second batch he sells had this remedied - in the meantime, mine (first batch) was shipped with a suitably sized patch of self adhesive velcro that I stuck on the box to provide some extra protection. All I can say is that it is comfortable, quite in operation, keeps me fog free when I'm indoors (I wear mesh outdoors), and was a lot cheaper than Ex-fog when i looked into that solution (and at the time they just had a rather heath robinson arrangement of sticking the tubes into the goggles).

OK - Exfog is a doddle to set up. The XT's come with the little magnet hose things, push the adapter through a hole in the seal vents (desert locust for me), point at the lens and you're golden - don't need to make any destructive holes or anything.

If you have active headsets, you are going to hear every little bit of it functioning, but its easy enough to switch off when you don't need it.

The vent is on the bottom of the unit and the hose adapter actually creates an intake space, so unless you're using a really restricting pouch it will have plenty of space.

I got the XT without the headband for ~£50 from Specs4sports, which I think makes it about £10 cheaper than the Novshit. I could feel the air even on the lowest setting, and the full power burst mode is mental.

Edited by GiantKiwi

30 minutes ago, #blackadder said:

My vss12 with exfog - hose is 6mm fishtank airline with 90 degree connectors . Foam removed for airflow .

Do you not get sore dry eyes using this?

2 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Do you not get sore dry eyes using this?

Can't say I ever have. It's not a huge amount of air that's being blasted into your goggles, it's just enough circulation to stop them fogging up. I've played a full 6 hours with it on it's highest setting and not had an issue.

Edited by MrTea