TM Glock 17 gen5 mos

Mikey80

Heads up, I’ve now tried 5 different slides (Proarms, detonator x 2, mafioso and wiitech) for the gen5 and so far the Wiitech seems to be the winner (depending on what you want from a pistol).

It comes with steel rails to protect the aluminium body from wear. 
it also comes with a steel fluted threaded barrel and a matching 6.03 brass TBB. The comps and thread protectors are pretty fairly priced as well.

The kit is drop in (although you’ll need to slightly modify the sights if you have pro arms tritium supressor sights).

it’s also in the midrange of slide prices. Mine was £170 inc shipping (so £200 after tax). The detonator slides and mafiosio were far more expensive.

e406f4ed-55d2-4b25-9385-632d2fbb19b9.jpeg

60a28fa9-7b5c-4400-812a-8c975412bdcb.jpeg

I’ve also got a near identical mafioso steel slide G17.5.

The kit is fantastic quality and comes with a full assembled guide rod specifically for the slide set.

its a heavy slide but the gen5 gas system moves is scarily easily. It recoils faster than some of my gen3s with aluminium slides.

Both G17.5s have the same internals:

-CCT piston lid

-CCT spring set

- Wiitech 200% recoil springs

- Wiitech steel recoil rod

- Wiitech aluminium recoil spring cage

- JDG magwell

- Proarms tritium sights

729f93c7-f4f4-4002-87f8-e0449dea6bfe.jpeg

Also, is there any interest in the after market detonator slides?

I have a spare detonator slide that I could part with. It’s the “standard” slide. Just needs the guts and it’s ready to go 👍🏽

I bought one of each for my own curiosity and didnt get around to skirmishing this one.

I’ll formally list it on the forum at the end of the week 😁

Mine just arrived, really impressed by the quality as expected from TM. I have noticed the magazine release feels a bit stiff compared to my Gen 3 G19, probably just a case of breaking it in.

The ambi slide release is a nice touch as well, and still fits well in both my Kydex Customs and Safariland holsters. Can't wait to give it a go at the next game!

I've just picked one up as well and firing it is very nice. I thought it was shooting hot because of the amount of recoil but when I chrono'd it with .2g's it was 290 on ASG green.

very nice pistol and works with my other mags but so tempted to get some newer mags because they have better gas efficiency and definitely not because they have a cool orange follower.

I discovered the magazines work well in my G19 as well which is nice to know, I probably will pick some more up but it might not be any time soon at £35 each (although I agree the orange follower is the best part 😂). 

I thought there were a few places selling the new gen2 mags for less than £30… but I’ve just reloaded my tabs and the prices have hiked 😔

32 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I discovered the magazines work well in my G19 as well which is nice to know, I probably will pick some more up but it might not be any time soon at £35 each (although I agree the orange follower is the best part 😂). 

9 hours ago, rodcorre2 said:

Hey sorry to bother but does anyone know when this will come back in stock like an estimate or anywhere I can reliably buy it since I've been really looking forward to getting. Thanks!

there’s no reliable date for when they’ll be in stock 😔 impulse 101 have stopped taking orders of the gen5 because there’s no restock date from TM.

Tried a nineball with the hope of hopping .36s, but its mega inconsistent so i'm back to the stock setup for now.

Attempted setup was:

- 97mm 6.00 barrel

- Nineball 'wide use' bucking

- BLS non bio .36s

Anyone got any other hop bucking suggestions?

image.jpg

Edited by alijnclarke

18 hours ago, alijnclarke said:

Tried a nineball with the hope of hopping .36s, but its mega inconsistent so i'm back to the stock setup for now.

Attempted setup was:

- 97mm 6.00 barrel

- Nineball 'wide use' bucking

- BLS non bio .36s

Anyone got any other hop bucking suggestions?

image.jpg

Are you using the purple nineball airseal hop rubber? If so, nineball purple hop rubber is a soft rubber (it’s something like a 50 degree), so it’s only really good for .3g and lighter. 

if you want to be hopping .36s, try their “hard” compound bucking (red). Also, at .36, you might need a tensioner in the hop arm. I use a Hadron hang cut down into a T shape to complement the unbridged section of the inner barrel.

alternatively the Pink flamingo and noir 60s are good and have a large contact surface for heavier bbs.

how are you getting on with the detonator threaded barrel?

On 01/09/2024 at 15:03, JimFromHorsham said:

Airsoft world

showing stock 👍🏼

Back in stock again

And mags in stock here: https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/tokyo-marui-g17-gen-5-gas-magazine.html

8 hours ago, Panama said:

Back in stock again

And mags in stock here: https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/tokyo-marui-g17-gen-5-gas-magazine.html

Must… not… buy… another one 😭😭😭

I was tempted to buy another, but then realised that only once in the last few years of airsoft have I actually needed 3 pistol magazines at a game... 😂

17 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I was tempted to buy another, but then realised that only once in the last few years of airsoft have I actually needed 3 pistol magazines at a game... 😂

since when does "need" come in to it 😆

49 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

A fair point - I'm not sure 'need' is at all applicable to airsoft 😂

I don’t “need” 20 glocks… but here we are…

I have 5 Gen5 MOS slides and not enough glocks to put them on 😬

Disclaimer: I have never been a fan of, liked the look of or, fired a Glock before.

I have been running a TM FNX-45 for a couple of years and whilst it performs fantastic, the lack of all the attachments I could possibly want lead me down the Glock path. Having spent too much time reading and going round in circles and back and forth between the GHK Glock 18 Gen 3, Gen 5 and the TM one, I decided to take a punt on the TM G17 Gen 5 MOS.

All I can say is wow, I absolutely love it. It fits and feels so much better in my hands, not small by any stretch of the imagination, than the FNX-45 did, which just felt a bit too big all round. I have only fired and played around with it briefly when it arrived at lunch time today. But, I am a convert!

Now all those extras...... 🤣

so I’ve now got two of these.

The one below with aluminium slide, steel barrel and ACRO.

IMG_9251.jpeg.9cbae64b92ed812b08972971bff6edde.jpeg

I’ve built an identical one with steel slide and micro pro sight.

Despite its bulk, the gen5 doesn’t seem to struggle shifting the ACRO and it’s pretty easy to aim.