Returning which gun?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, 

We recently returned to airsoft after 5 years, and we had a great time. And funny enough most of you know the name (kicking mustang) happened to be playing at the site. Just our luck considering it was our first game back in 5 years 😄. Anyway I really need help and advice on what brand M4 to go with. 

I would prefer M4 variant and my budget is upto £300 maybe I can push it to £350 and AEG only please. 

It has been a long time since I bought any guns and I really don't understand the market anymore. I'll have my UKAARA at the end of the month and will be buying a good platform AEG. 

There have been a few threads on the same subject recently, so a search will give you more detail, but the recommendations will be around

Cyma (lots of choice)

Specna Arms (lots of choice)

Double Eagle (yes, really!) m904/m906/m908

With your budget you could also go with Novritsch SSR4, or be a guinea pig and try one of the Rossi's which look interesting, or the new Delta Armoury guns currently touted at Patrol Base - which seem reasonably priced but no idea how good they are!

Don't forget some good eye pro, decent boots, extra mags (I love my Lonex flash mags), and a bit of webbing to carry your kit on... 

9 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

There have been a few threads on the same subject recently, so a search will give you more detail, but the recommendations will be around

Cyma (lots of choice)

Specna Arms (lots of choice)

Double Eagle (yes, really!) m904/m906/m908

With your budget you could also go with Novritsch SSR4, or be a guinea pig and try one of the Rossi's which look interesting, or the new Delta Armoury guns currently touted at Patrol Base - which seem reasonably priced but no idea how good they are!

Don't forget some good eye pro, decent boots, extra mags (I love my Lonex flash mags), and a bit of webbing to carry your kit on... 

Thankfully I still have a lot of my old stuff, I bought all new face and eye protection. Saftey is always first new boots and etc. However I am just really stuck on gun brands. You see I thought cyma was only good with the AK platforms, I didn't think they made good m4 platforms 

4 minutes ago, cojkor said:

Thankfully I still have a lot of my old stuff, I bought all new face and eye protection. Saftey is always first new boots and etc. However I am just really stuck on gun brands. You see I thought cyma was only good with the AK platforms, I didn't think they made good m4 platforms 

I like the look of that Novritsch SSR4

Cyma are a solid choice for anything these days.   

Krytac and G&G are both worth a look too, though they're a bit pricey for what they offer.

I'd add a vote for SpecnaArms (Edge 2 seem to be the best at the mo)

In my humble opinion they offer the best performance per pound 😉

Edited by EDcase

Something with good internals (at that price a mosfet is bare minimum).

Brand wise probably Specna, Double Eagle, Arcturus. Brand new Krytac/G&G's are absolute overpriced in my opinion.

Edited by Krisz

39 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Awaits "So, I bought an Ares because you get what you pay for." ;) 

I was thinking I might go with specna, what do you think? 

39 minutes ago, cojkor said:

I was thinking I might go with specna, what do you think? 

I think you won't be disappointed

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

I think you won't be disappointed

Specna it Is! But I've been looking and there are so many different ones. Which one would you recommend?

20 minutes ago, cojkor said:

Specna it Is! But I've been looking and there are so many different ones. Which one would you recommend?

You have to look at the specs.  The 'EDGE 2' is generally recommended here

22 minutes ago, EDcase said:

You have to look at the specs.  The 'EDGE 2' is generally recommended here

Yes but for example I am looking at them on pateol base and the edge 2 has so many variants. They are all within my price range 

Is the prion gearbox good option? 

1 minute ago, cojkor said:

Is the prion gearbox good option? 

Specna Arms SA-H23 EDGE 2.0

This is what I am looking at 

You tube says they are ok, quick change spring is nice.

This is Airsoft however, you don't get brand reliability.

The guns appear well made, but you can't expect perfect shimming etc.

One video I saw had some issues with swarf from manufacturing but was still a thumbs up.

Plus points of the gearbox are good airseal the MOSFET ofcourse quick change spring, detensioner and quick spring change.

The guns are popular and ppl here like them.

1 hour ago, cojkor said:

Yes but for example I am looking at them on pateol base and the edge 2 has so many variants. They are all within my price range 

Then get the one you like the look of. All the guns in each range are pretty much the same internally. The differences are cosmetic. Obviously a SBR will have a shorter inner barrel than a full size rifle but afaik that's the only difference.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.