What are some good brand bbs that wont break the bank?

Yashy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah, no one wants to spend money on expensive BBs, but we do, because it's a bad place to scrimp.  Once you've experienced a gun with BBs jammed in the barrel, you'll pay extra not to ever have it happen again.

Luckily, in these days, it seems most BBs are good enough, and it's only the very cheapest that are still rubbish.  Those ASGs are probably fine...?  If you can afford to buy in bulk then Warhead will be good, and you'll be playing very little more per bag.

You definitely need to check whether your local site insists on bio's though.  You'll not be allowed to play if a diligent marshal finds you're using non-bio where bio have been mandated.

Edit: in fact Warhead BBs are the same price for a 1kg bag of non bios, though I didn't compare the postage.  

It's sometimes worth trying eBay for somewhere with free p&p.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

11 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah, no one wants to spend money on expensive BBs, but we do, because it's a bad place to scrimp.  Once you've experienced a gun with BBs jammed in the barrel, you'll pay extra not to ever have it happen again.

Luckily, in these days, it seems most BBs are good enough, and it's only the very cheapest that are still rubbish.  Those ASGs are probably fine...?  If you can afford to buy in bulk then Warhead will be good, and you'll be playing very little more per bag.

You definitely need to check whether your local site insists on bio's though.  You'll not be allowed to play if a diligent marshal finds you're using non-bio where bio have been mandated.

Edit: in fact Warhead BBs are the same price for a 1kg bag of non bios, though I didn't compare the postage.  

It's sometimes worth trying eBay for somewhere with free p&p.

https://www.kingdomofairsoft.com/product-page/warhead-delta-0-25g-bbs-1kg you recommend this?

I went through 10kg, so ~35,000 of their 0.28g bio BBs with no issues, so yeah 👍

Someone else on here did some scientific testing (consistency, accuracy) to compare different brands, and they came out of that very well too... So not just me that likes 'em

£9.50 a bag is a bit pricey unless that includes p&p

Go direct: 

https://www.warheadindustries.co.uk/product-page/warhead-delta-0-25g-bb-non-bio

If you're looking for smaller unit purchases (though more often) i've never had an issue using 0.25g tracers from Rebel Precision alongside Tippmann 0.28g bio tracers. I've not used both companies non-tracer BBs but can't imagine the quality/performance is much different from their tracers. For outdoor/regular BBs I use just about anything (never had jamming issues) but my current stock are BLS for 0.28g upwards which I use exclusively for outdoors.

Edited by MrTea

Those asg cursed bbs are a good choice but I tend to just buy whatever is for sale on site as any half decent site won't sell crap if they want repeat customers.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a linky to my spreadsheet - not been updated in a month or so, btu gives you and idea of costs/brands.

Not had a problem with any I have actually bought from the list - and I tend to buy from the cheaper options of the weights I use.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiqaVyI38h9UhYAGXkM9Do-WsxZLmg?e=3TaB0q

5 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Here's a linky to my spreadsheet - not been updated in a month or so, btu gives you and idea of costs/brands.

Not had a problem with any I have actually bought from the list - and I tend to buy from the cheaper options of the weights I use.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiqaVyI38h9UhYAGXkM9Do-WsxZLmg?e=3TaB0q

Err, are you ok, Dan?

2 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Err, are you ok, Dan?

• Jet Lag.
  • Boredom
  • Mild OCD
  • Dreading looking at my voice and emails after being away for three weeks.
  • All of the above.

hide.gif

Edited by Dan Robinson

I saw this and thought of you 🥴

AllWork.jpg.6fe261ea574abb953f63ba1346774cf5.jpg

(that's my pic of the actual typewriter from the Kubrick exhibition in 2019)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.