Returning to airsoft

cojkor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 minutes ago, cojkor said:

Do you think it sounds more like a motor issue or gearbox issue? I was thinking maybe the motor? 

It could be either.

Does the motor make any noise when doing a quick trigger pull? (like its trying to turn)

If yes then gearbox is seized.

Either way they will both need cleaning and lubricating to see if they are still viable.

Edited by EDcase

38 minutes ago, EDcase said:

It could be either.

Does the motor make any noise when doing a quick trigger pull? (like its trying to turn)

If yes then gearbox is seized.

Either way they will both need cleaning and lubricating to see if they are still viable.

The motor feels as though it wants to turn but something stops its instantly. Like I can feel it in my hand that it wants to go but doesn't

2 minutes ago, cojkor said:

The motor feels as though it wants to turn but something stops its instantly. Like I can feel it in my hand that it wants to go but doesn't

Then definitely locked up gearbox.

Could be something broken blocking the gears or rust

Batteries shouldn't make any noise and after 6 years of no use might well be useless now. In any case I'd be getting a new battery which may be all the problem is.

Take the motor out and connect the power back to it and see if it runs. Try to stall the motor by hand, use a rag to hold pinion otherwise if is does have some torque you'll lose some skin.

1 hour ago, Sewdhull said:

Batteries shouldn't make any noise and after 6 years of no use might well be useless now. In any case I'd be getting a new battery which may be all the problem is.

Take the motor out and connect the power back to it and see if it runs. Try to stall the motor by hand, use a rag to hold pinion otherwise if is does have some torque you'll lose some skin.

The batteries are brand new, all three of them are nuprol 

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Excellent!  And an understandable mistake. I mean, it's a screw, why wouldn't you wind it in all the way? :D 

Right!? I thought the tighter the better 😆 

3 hours ago, cojkor said:

Okay guys I fixed it and you're all going to laugh at me lol! It turned out that I had over tightened the motor adjustment screw and it had jamed the motor in! I thought it was just a screw to hold the motor in 😆 🤣. The gun now shoots spot on

go to the airsoft sub reddit and read some of the post you'll feel a genius compared to the dumb shit that gets posted. most of people couldn't find their arse with both hands.

On 24/12/2023 at 00:50, BigStew said:

go to the airsoft sub reddit and read some of the post you'll feel a genius compared to the dumb shit that gets posted. most of people couldn't find their arse with both hands.

Somehow I don't doubt that hahaha 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2023 at 09:34, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Unless your radio came pre-programmed on PMR446 channels (unlikely), I'd recommend when you get some spare time that that you re-programme your radios onto those licence free frequencies. Not that I am personally fussed about licences etc (and lets face it, the Baofengs don't comply with most of the other PMR446 rules) , but as the Baofengs have such a broad frequency range, there is a possibility that your signals could be interfering with other licenced frequencies that are used for somewhat safety critical operations (not the emergency services these days, but maybe e.g. hospital porters, warehouses, public transport, event security etc.). PMR 446 frequencies found in the bottom of this page if interested: https://www.radiotrader.co.uk/news/facts-about-licence-free-radios.htm#PMR446 Frequencies

cheers will check this out

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.