Buying our first Pew Pew’s!

Reef

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Perfectly solid choices. The G&G Raiders have long been regarded as decent guns, although the price crept up while other brands added features.  However, what actually matters isn't whether a gun has a rotary or dial hop, but how well it works, and the G&Gs tend to work very well indeed right out of the box.  They do indeed feel great in the hand as well.

One thing, the Specna will come with two springs: an M120 which is too spicy for UK use, and an M90 which will be fine (although perhaps a little lower than might be ideal for woodland).  A decent shop will have fitted the M90 rather than sending you home with a hot gun. If Santa checks the box, he should find another spring in there, and a packet which (if I remember correctly) is marked M90.  If the packet hasn't been opened, then the M90 is in the packet and the M120 is in the gun, and needs swapped out. If the packet is opened, that suggest the M90 is already in the gun.

New pew day is always a good one, I see many more days like this in your future 'cos you know, everyone needs a sidearm because pistols are fun and then you'll need another pew for a backup and then what if you want a short pew for CQB or an SMG or maybe a shotgun (not even mentioned GBBRs yet either!) and then there's all the accessories .....

If you're anything like the rest of us you got an empty bank account for Xmas 😂

Oh and ref the above comment, a chrono is a worthwhile investment to keep an eye on your pews performance and an essential bit of kit if you are inclined to tinker.

Thanks Rogerborg, the spring wasn’t mentioned in the shop but I did see on a review that another spring is included. I’ll check which one is fitted when he gets the gun.

madhouse - I’m desperately trying not to get overexcited and spend a fortune. Trouble is everything I want is pretty much doubled as there’s two of us 😂

Thanks to everyone who’s commented on this thread, it’s been a real help 👍

Yay! congrats!   If you got the Raider at a decent price, then it is indeed a fine gun - all the sites using them as rentals can't be wrong.   
And the Specna looks a great choice - very handsome beasty!

Enjoy!

And ... do get overexcited and spend a fortune, and then post lots of pics and reviews :)

On 20/12/2023 at 14:56, Rogerborg said:

One thing, the Specna will come with two springs: an M120 which is too spicy for UK use, and an M90 which will be fine (although perhaps a little lower than might be ideal for woodland).  A decent shop will have fitted the M90 rather than sending you home with a hot gun.

wrapping up my sons gun for Santa I found this in the box. Looks like we are good to go!

EAF33410-5FEF-4B50-93CC-46FB266024E8.jpeg

• Moderators

Bit late to the party but I remember those days of first AEG, back in 2015 raiders were the choice then as well, I did however go for an ICS UK1R, still use it today, but played once since 2019 😂🤦‍♂️

My 14 yr old has played a game, due to age restrictions, couldn’t go sooner, and loved it, luckily though I’ve amassed a small armoury and wardrobe collection he is almost set but I feel your pain of duplicating most equipment 🙁, I’ve kind of all gone M4 base with the AEGs, even the G36 (ICS G33), takes M4 mags so atleast he can use my hi-caps 😂

just make sure he enjoys it, one thing I would recommend is radios for you both,  my worst fear was the ‘cease fire’ call and man down!, I was the only one moving looking for him with that parent fear something had happened to him….found him with another youngster and loads of big kids preparing to storm a building having the time of him life 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️

hence radios…!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry djben9 only just seen your comment.

This is something he wants to do and has kind of dragged me into it. I don’t mind as I’m enjoying it more than I thought! 

it’s a good idea about radios, we do seem to get separated pretty quickly. I actually shot him on Saturday, he was retreating and I mistook him for an enemy trying to flank us. By the time I realised it was him I’d already pulled the trigger. 😂

Are there any particular radios you’d recommend?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.