Are any of the older TM gbb pistols still worth buying?

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know there have been improvements to the later Marui pistols, but are there any of the older guns that are still worth buying?

I have been thinking about picking up a Sig, but I imagine most people would advise me to buy an FNX45, Glock Gen 4, PX4, HK USP, Springfield XDM etc. instead. Problem is I don't like the appearance of some of these brands. I like the look of the old Sig. 

I had both the P226 Rail and The P226 E2 and both where great pistols. 

If you like the look of the older ones, go for it!

Even if the performance might be a tad less great than some of the newer models its still great.

Also running a pistol that you don’t fully like the look of will probably lead to you getting rid of it sooner than later.

Go with the one you desire from the start.

After all it’s a toy gun and sexyness way outlasts performance imao.

This is just for plinking at home, right?

Even the older TM pistols are great, just slightly less snappy without the 15mm BBU.

TM pistols are the best out of box.

If something breaks you can find hundreds if not thousands of aftermarket parts depending on the model.

Most of the year it'll be great no worse than the newer models. Only issue I had is they just aren't quite as good in the cold. Especially if you are wanting to run it with a metal kit. I always had 2 one with a metal kit on and one without for the cold. Strangely out the older models despite the tiny mag and little bbu I always found my detonics best in the cold.

The only one I would say to not buy is the M92F as the M9/A1 version is vastly superior. Though the M45 is an approvement over the 1911 the 1911 is still a perfectly good gun.

29 minutes ago, BigStew said:

The only one I would say to not buy is the M92F as the M9/A1 version is vastly superior.

Actually yes, this. I love the look of the original stainless one, but it doesn't have a de-cocker or adjustable hop. 

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, for occasional use at home or on an airsoft range only.

I never skirmish pistols.

I was aware of the shortcomings of the early Beretta 92s, but it is good to hear that people are still happy with the performance of other Maruis with the smaller bbu volume. 

• Supporters
20 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I was aware of the shortcomings of the early Beretta 92s, but it is good to hear that people are still happy with the performance of other Maruis with the smaller bbu volume. 

I have the M9A1 and it is very much an excellent pistol. As for the cold, I'll let you know - I'll be skirmishing it this weekend!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.