Hello guys!

mosesman831

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys! New to this airsoft game here. I am only 14, but with a love for FPS games like CS2 (CS:GO)... I had been recommended by my fellow mates about Airsoft and after looking at a few videos, I find it very interesting. So I think my airsoft journey should start here. I live in Hertfordshire and I have browsed through a few sites around me, and found a few milsims, but the closest indoor site is Bunker 51, are there any other good sites I could play at?

But, as I am just a newbie, I would like some advice from you guys. It will be nice if you can answer some of my questions below. Thank you.

The gun I should be getting soon: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-c07-core-tm-keymod-carbine-aeg

Questions:

1. Do I really need a helmet, or a face mask is enough

2. How can I protect my ears?

3. Any attachments needed for a beginner

Thank you very much and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Welcome 🖐

The Specna is a good starter

Have a look here too: UK Airsoft Map — PlayAirsoft

Milsim is more of a hard core game day with some sites requiring certain gear so I would recommend general open days which are a good combination of fun games with loose team play.  Especially to start out.  Indoor/CQB are faster paced like CS:GO 

Answers to questions:

1. No, a helmet is not required for airsoft but can be useful for protecting the nogin when running around.

2. A helmet is also good for attachments like ear protector panels 😁 You can get mesh masks with ear protection like THIS

3. Nothing required.  Good eye protection and ankle high boots are recommended.  Save some money for mags, decent batteries and charger. (search forum for recommendations)

Enjoy 👍

(Don't watch Licking Muckstain [Kicking Mustang] videos)

Edited by EDcase

I may have been lucky, but running around the woods I've been fine with just a camo baseball cap.  Occasionally it gets snagged on a branch and comes off (which halts my start-of-round-run-to-get-shot-first), but it's enough protection from getting scraped or scratched, and does enough to soften the BB impacts.
I use a Tigris One mesh mask with the ear impact protection.  It's pretty good.

And although I've already got tinnitus, I've only had one pyro go off near enough to worry about.   So I bought some army surplus earplugs (which I'm saving for CQB)

GL&HF :)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Welcome.

Are you specifically interested in cqb sites or would you happily play in the woods? I'd recommend at least trying both as they can be very different. Also tbh Bunker 51 isn't the best site, especially when it gets busy.

A helmet isn't 100% necessary. I tend to go with either a cap or bonnie but I accept that this won't stop shots to the head but will take the sting out of most of them. For eye protection being under 18 means that you'll have to use full face protection rather than just glasses or goggles. Also bear in mind some sites will insist you use a one piece mask, whereas others will be fine with separate eye protection and face mask. Best to check this before booking or buying anything.

Are you wanting to protect your hearing or ears from hits?

For accessories, tbh the only essentials would be a face mask, boots with good ankle support, a couple of spare magazines and a spare battery.

4 hours ago, EDcase said:

(Don't watch Licking Muckstain [Kicking Mustang] videos)

This times a few million. Although tbh 99% of airsoft videos on youtube are heavily edited to the point that they're not realistic

On 27/11/2023 at 21:03, mosesman831 said:

are there any other good sites I could play at

Big county is Hertfordshire....  AWA is a good site,  but you're also close enough to get to some good ones in Essex if you can persuade a parent to travel.... or do what my then 13 year old did and got me hooked too  (you'll get access to better pews too if your can 👍😄😉).

Few of us here go to Special Ops near Milton Keynes which isn't far if you are Stevenage/North Herts way.

The gun you linked to will be fine,  and will be easy for you to upgrade gradually with reasonably priced things IF needed.  Don't get too dazzled by people at your chosen site(s) brandishing pretty costumes and fancy guns.  You don't need it to have fun.  I often substitute my pricier pews to just have stressfree fun with cheaper ones.

Good face protection is essential...especially as you're young, but a full helmet is optional.   Also do yourself a favour and get decent boots, or footware with ankle support.   Super important if you end up running around woodland sites.

Oh and welcome! 

Edited by Dan Robinson

Welcome!

I have to add my voice to the choir about having good boots or footwear with decent ankle support. They may not necessarily prevent you from an ankle injury but they can lessen it from something more serious.

For indoor sites, it may be worth getting a torch, ideally one you can mount on the rifle, depending on the lighting conditions.

As you're from Herts, there is a new, indoor (mostly) site run by RIFT Airsoft called the Battery just within the Essex side of the Herts/Essex border so it may be closer to you than Bunker51 though it's not as accessible. They do require a parent or responsible adult for you to play alongside you as you're under 18.

Hello & welcome!

Lots of good advice already ☝️

Get yourself a list together, when you get your first pew there’ll be a ton of stuff you also need and it’s a good idea to make sure you don’t forget something. Chances are all those extras cost as much as the pew!

If you’re playing indoors then I’d highly recommend a weapon light and tracer - although both will ramp up your initial investment.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.