G&G MGCR556 - any UK owners yet?

RostokMcSpoons

This looks like an interesting potential addition to my GBBR wishlist...

I particularly liked the very nice rate of fire in full-auto which bodes well for semi-auto spam/ CQB / cold weather performance... (though of course maybe that's partly down to it firing at 400fps so it's using a more powerful gas than we'd typically use?  Might require an NPAS or very low power gas to keep it in UK limits)

Anyone bought one of these yet?  I can't find any UK sellers, but you are a resourceful lot so maybe one of you has grabbed one already.   

They seem to be priced at $400-450 so at the affordable end of the scale.

Just picked up on another video on this gat...

The RIF you can see now is a 5/10 shot gas shotgun!  Could be rather interesting in a CQB environment (you just blasted me with 10 BB's you wanker)

There doesn't seem to be much (any?) kick to it, so not sure how much fun it'll be to shoot, but the idea of having the gas reservoir in the gun to allow the use of AEG mags really has the potential to be a game changer in the GBBR market.

Anyway, back to the MCGR556, it really does seem to perform well in full-auto... which is nice, but of course doesn't count for all that much in an actual skirmish where single shot for ammo conservation is a real-life necessity.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Just picked up on another video on this gat...

The RIF you can see now is a 5/10 shot gas shotgun!  Could be rather interesting in a CQB environment (you just blasted me with 10 BB's you wanker)

There doesn't seem to be much (any?) kick to it, so not sure how much fun it'll be to shoot, but the idea of having the gas reservoir in the gun to allow the use of AEG mags really has the potential to be a game changer in the GBBR market.

Anyway, back to the MCGR556, it really does seem to perform well in full-auto... which is nice, but of course doesn't count for all that much in an actual skirmish where single shot for ammo conservation is a real-life necessity.

images (75).jpg

• 5 months later...

I've got the 7''. No extra mags yet though.

The first video title is wrong. G&G released a GBBR a little over 10 years ago. I wonder if this one uses the same magazines (probably not but I can hope)

Update: Managed to get some mags today. They're a bit hard to get in the UK at the moment.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, KDairsoft said:

Update: Managed to get some mags today. They're a bit hard to get in the UK at the moment.

What's it like, any good ?