Moving from Ireland to UK need advice

matas17

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, 

So here's a problem next year I'm moving from Ireland to UK and was wondering what would be best way to ship the gear, airsoft rifles, etc across the water as I'm quite sure I could not bring some of the stuff onto airplane without having some sort of issues. 

Anyone here have moved across the water or to a different country and would be willing to give a helpful advice to a fellow airsofter? 

Just to check Republic of Ireland? If so you can't bring your RIFs over importing RIFs with out a defence is illegal. Options are paint your guns two tone, leave your guns in Ireland until you have gained your defence ( gain your UKARA number by attending 3 games at a registered site in no less than two months). If you have a trusted friend in the UK with a defence ask them to receive them for you, Contact a site you intend to play at and see if they will receive them for you.   

2 hours ago, BigStew said:

Just to check Republic of Ireland? If so you can't bring your RIFs over importing RIFs with out a defence is illegal. Options are paint your guns two tone, leave your guns in Ireland until you have gained your defence ( gain your UKARA number by attending 3 games at a registered site in no less than two months). If you have a trusted friend in the UK with a defence ask them to receive them for you, Contact a site you intend to play at and see if they will receive them for you.   

North actually, I've got ukara. I have shipped with parcelforce before but recently I've got an email saying they dont insure airsoft so that's bad since I've got few high end aeg's and rather not risk them being damaged in transport. I was thinking of packing them up and having my causing transport the with his lorry but who know what customs would do seeing quite a few rifles in a lorry. 

Ok makes it easier. Parceforce never covered them under insurance. Flying is possible it's just a case of who you are flying with regards there policy. if you have car its probably easier to take them over on the ferry.  

Edited by BigStew

19 minutes ago, matas17 said:

I have shipped with parcelforce before but recently I've got an email saying they dont insure airsoft...

A lot of airsoft retailers, UK and mainland Europe, seem to use DHL so it may be worthwhile checking if they can do it with insurance for you (for example Novritsch use DHL for RIF's shipped to the UK).

32 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

A lot of airsoft retailers, UK and mainland Europe, seem to use DHL so it may be worthwhile checking if they can do it with insurance for you (for example Novritsch use DHL for RIF's shipped to the UK).

its gone be fun seeing how much it would cost to ship it all across :D

Parcel Farce 48 and RM Special Delivery are the only two that take airsoft guns from personal customers, insurance is valid.  However batteries and gas mags are an issue. Remove valves from mags, otherwise even if purged they are classed as pressurised containers and may get hole package destroyed. 

Edited by BigAl
Original post made after Redbull which made fingers a lot faster than brain. :)

If you'd like to drop me an email at jacob.w@ukapu.org.uk, or a PM here then I'll have a word with one of our registrars who I believe has dealt with similar cases in the past 👍🏼

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.