Back at it!

Beorn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been out of the game for a few months with some pretty pathetic and annoying lower back issues but things are almost back to normal and I've been chomping at the bit to play. I need to go once more down at Red1 Chislehurst to finally get my grubby little mitts on a UKARA. Is anyone thinking of playing down there this Sunday? If so let me know it would be cool to say hi!

After I've got that final session for the ukara out of the way I'm thinking its time to branch out and hit a few new/better sites. Slightly limited by public transport out of London but I've got my eye on Reforger (although I've heard its ghillie's galore which is a little off putting personally). I also really would love to get over to Tower Airsoft or Airsoft Plantation which I've seen so many good things about, so would be cool to head there too

Yeah I did go to Bunker 51 but I didn't love the site to be honest

23 minutes ago, Haru said:

pretty shit site tbh, wet, damp, smells with 2 chokepoints on either side. still had fun tho

Yep, that about sums it up!

My eldest, who used to work there, described it as a death trap with regard to the wiring.

1 hour ago, Beorn said:

I've been out of the game for a few months with some pretty pathetic and annoying lower back issues but things are almost back to normal and I've been chomping at the bit to play. I need to go once more down at Red1 Chislehurst to finally get my grubby little mitts on a UKARA. Is anyone thinking of playing down there this Sunday? If so let me know it would be cool to say hi!

After I've got that final session for the ukara out of the way I'm thinking its time to branch out and hit a few new/better sites. Slightly limited by public transport out of London but I've got my eye on Reforger (although I've heard its ghillie's galore which is a little off putting personally). I also really would love to get over to Tower Airsoft or Airsoft Plantation which I've seen so many good things about, so would be cool to head there too

If you want to try a fairly simple, compact woodland site, and can jump on a train to Milton Keynes from Euston, then I could give you a lift to and from the station to Special Ops.

https://www.specialopshq.co.uk/

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 hour ago, Haru said:

wet, dark and smells........ still had fun tho

Sounds like an evening in with the ex

Have you tried the mid week games? Numbers are generally lower so you're not crammed in like sardines and unable to move without immediately getting shot at

48 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Sounds like an evening in with the ex

Have you tried the mid week games? Numbers are generally lower so you're not crammed in like sardines and unable to move without immediately getting shot at

have not actually but dont plan on playing there much longer anyways, gonna be playing at chistlehurst in september then finish off my last game for bunker51 some time in october.

Yooo ill be at red1 this sunday i think, was due to go apocalypse but my current car cant get on site due to being too low XD, we hop between sites around the uk alot also, planning on splatoon and airsoft plantation eventually maybe we can sort out a car pool if you ever need it.

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

If you want to try a fairly simple, compact woodland site, and can jump on a train to Milton Keynes from Euston, then I could give you a lift to and from the station to Special Ops.

https://www.specialopshq.co.uk/

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Likewise,  if you make it to Hitchin or Arlesey train stations,  I could take you to Spec Ops.

I'll definitely take you up on that some time guys, thanks! I think I can get up to Arlesey pretty easily via the Thameslink or the train up to MK aye. I'll put spec ops on the to do list

1 hour ago, Llewestymest said:

Yooo ill be at red1 this sunday i think, was due to go apocalypse but my current car cant get on site due to being too low XD, we hop between sites around the uk alot also, planning on splatoon and airsoft plantation eventually maybe we can sort out a car pool if you ever need it.

Cool man I'm hoping to make it down there this Sunday so we may cross paths

3 hours ago, Haru said:

pretty shit site tbh, wet, dark and smells with 2 chokepoints on either side. still had fun tho

Couldn't have put it better myself haha, that being said its good to have the option to get to a site in the week if the urge strikes. I can definitely see it being more fun with less players, both times I was there it was so busy the chokepoints were just hilariously clogged haha

9 hours ago, Llewestymest said:

Is that apocalypse near Royston? I stopped going there when they decided to take the piss with their prices

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Is that apocalypse near Royston? I stopped going there when they decided to take the piss with their prices

Thats the one, not really known much different price wise honestly as im fairly new to the site still...what was it before?

It was £25 which is about average for a woodland site. Putting it up by a tenner without offering anything extra is a bit of a joke tbh, especially with the amount of time spent waiting around between games. Also their on site shop prices are a bit on the high side, eg £17 for a bottle of .28g bbs

Put it this way, it works out better value for me to travel to a site near Cobham than it is for me to go to apocalypse 

Edited by Cannonfodder

42 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

It was £25 which is about average for a woodland site. Putting it up by a tenner without offering anything extra is a bit of a joke tbh, especially with the amount of time spent waiting around between games. Also their on site shop prices are a bit on the high side, eg £17 for a bottle of .28g bbs

Put it this way, it works out better value for me to travel to a site near Cobham than it is for me to go to apocalypse 

Good to know, i dont really buy on site and mostly travel around looking for cqb sites anyway, woodland just does not scratch that itch.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.