Reforger Airsoft, 6th August.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just in case there's any other AFUKers in the area, myself and a bunch of the other Outcasts will be playing at Reforger Airsoft on the 6th of August.

https://www.reforgerairsoft.com/

I've been a few times before, and it's a pretty good site. 

Would be nice to see some of you lot there too. 

Don't let the "Outcasts" thing fool you, we're not serious players. Just a bunch of dickheads who enjoy playing together. 

All the gear no idea. 

outcast.jpg

reforger is on a list of "sites to try" i have been compiling based on recomendations...
and that weekend is my weekend off work..

so it looks like we may be meeting up in a couple of weeks

It's a nice site. 

Been a while since I played there, but it used to be the case that you leave the safe zone in the morning, play till lunch when you go back in, then out for the afternoon games. 

They had a pick up truck that would drive to each game zone. Put your bag with ammo, gas etc in the back of the truck. Free bottles of water also in the truck. 

Lunch is not included, but there's a burger van on site.

Duly noted, I shall make sure to bring a reasonable sized "consumables" bag.

Which reminds me..  I need to find a new supplier for my BBs as my preferred supplier has aparrantly closed shop =,(

3 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Would that be Airsoft Anonymous?

nope,  Valkyrie.  they were my preferred BBs, but apparently due to a number of issues, they have decided to cease trading, as i was informed on my last visit to onlyairsoft (my preferred brick and mortar airsoft shop)

3 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

take your own lunch though because the burger van is minging.    Burgers should not crunch when you bite into them.

TBH i rarely eat at sites, aside from maybe a chocolate bar, in order to avoid getting cramp/stitch while running around in the afternoons.

forgot to add the other day, but i have booked a ticket, so i will see you guys next week

and if UPS gets their finger out of their arse, i will have my new toy to play with

4 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Ohhhh? What's that then?

well, i could tell you...

or you can wait and see  =P

50 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

DAMN TEASE! 🤣

YEP..
=P

car is loaded ready to head down tomorrow morning.

and as said in other threads, i wont be bringing my new toy, due to it being broken by customs inspectors

As above, it's a good field, but take your own lunch. 

The crashed plane and Road areas are my favourite, but if you have a pew with good range, attacking the village from the ridge is a laugh. 

On 11/08/2023 at 15:27, rj1986 said:

How was it, looking for new sites to play as getting a bit bored of my current.

also going to echo the comments above, reforger is a great site.

last week we played in the village all morning, then moved to checkpoint charlie, runway and then finally heartbreak ridge on the map below (copied from their website). so there is still plenty of the site to explore.

everyone was informed at the briefing that we would be out in the game area all day, returning at lunch time, so we were all given the option of putting a small bag with some spare ammo/gas etc into the boot of a land rover that followed us to the game areas to allow us to rearm quickly between games rather than walk back and forth from the safe zone each time.

village is a relatively large grouping of buildings in the base of a ravine, so as mentioned above, getting onto the ridgeline offers a good vantage point.

checkpoint charlie was where we played a kind of tug-of-war game, where each team had to push a flag toward the enemy respawn.  personally i felt this area became too bogged down with everyone fighting over one main path for the flag, so i focussed on trying to flank around and take out enemies from the side as much as i could and ended up playing cat and mouse with the enemy snipers in the woods surrounding the path.

the "runway" at this time of year has quite long grass growing across the field, so there is plenty of cover for anyone moving towards the objective at the crashed airplane. i didnt see much of the surrounding area as i had dug into a fox hole to defend the plane and didnt move around much. also didnt realise at the time that there were two downed planes on the site

with only half the site explored on my visit, i will definately be returning in the near future in hopes of visiting the rest of the site.

Reforger map.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Two more sleeps until national Airsoft event. 🤪

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.