Gun sounds sluggish help

Deersofter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have an aps Uar and when I use it in a match it sounds like the battery is dying even though it’s fully charged I run it with a 8.4v nickel battery as the site I brought it from said it was compatible that

though when I looked on the aps website it stated it was for lipos only 

so I’m wondering if the sluggishness is due to running a nickel battery on a lipo motor 

if so would simply switching out the motor solve the issue 

One thing to try is adjusting how hard the motor pushes into the bevel gear.  My SIG sounded a bit laboured, but setting the height in the pistol grip made it sound so much better with just a couple of turns on the adjuster screw.

Could be that the motor is set too high. Try turning the adjustment screw counter clockwise half a turn at a time.

If its not that then its probably a dying battery.  Would be worth getting a 7.4v  LiPo and decent charger.

(There are no LiPo specific motors.  Its just that LiPos deliver more power in each trigger pull)

A video with audio so that we can hear what it sounds like would be useful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/07/2023 at 01:30, EDcase said:

Could be that the motor is set too high. Try turning the adjustment screw counter clockwise half a turn at a time.

If its not that then its probably a dying battery.  Would be worth getting a 7.4v  LiPo and decent charger.

(There are no LiPo specific motors.  Its just that LiPos deliver more power in each trigger pull)

I don’t think it’s motor height as when I put in a 9.6v (or a freshly charged 8.4v) battery it sounds fine the only issue is I can’t fit a 9.6v in it without making a major modification to it

im starting to think the issue is more about voltage 

It's very possible your battery is simply having issues. NiMHs can be finicky at times, and if you let them sit for too long they'll go bad. It's more complicated than that, but the basics are that LiPos are more reliable and easier to take care of, while also providing dramatically more power, in case your AEG is simply drawing too much current for your pack.

On 26/07/2023 at 02:08, Leo Greer said:

It's very possible your battery is simply having issues. NiMHs can be finicky at times, and if you let them sit for too long they'll go bad. It's more complicated than that, but the basics are that LiPos are more reliable and easier to take care of, while also providing dramatically more power, in case your AEG is simply drawing too much current for your pack.

The battery is fine in all my other guns running 8.4v

The battery might be fine in other aegs but different aeg, even if theybare the same model could be drawing more than the battery can cope with. I would seriously consider trying a lipo battery, as the symptoms you describe sound very much like voltage sag.

I run a UAR on a 9.9v 1600mAh LiFe battery, which just fits it the stock pad.  It gives a very decent rate of fire.

Don't discount motor height - my L85 was miles out.  Would explain why the battery is OK is some guns and not others.  On top of that, an 11.1v Lipo would work OK, but a 7.4v would really struggle.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.