Torn hop up rubber

xWebster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Id be tempted to just neatly cut it flat all the way round so it doesnt rip further, wrap it with PTFE And see how you go.

Also I find rubbing alcohol to be a great way to lube up hop rubbers, slick enough for a couple of seconds to slide it on, then evaporates and doesnt damage the rubber or risk swelling like actual lubricants.

13 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Those rubbers are horrible

Cr0 is 100% right, the Maple Leaf AEG silicone bucking's are an absolute turd, never buy them, never use them.

Recently I had a horrible feeding issue with my son's AEG, I tested so many hop units (from big players like Maxx Model and Retro Arms) + nozzles + inner barrels, but the moment I went back to a standard rubber 60 degree ML Macaron everything was perfect.

The ML silicone Macaron had such a grip on the BB's, this is in an AEG that is right at the 1.14J UK limit shooting 0.28g's, that they got just past the lips but no further with zero hop applied and BB's then started to back up.

I suppose if you play somewhere where the ambient temps are always freezing then maybe the silicone grip will help, but as far as I'm concerned they should all be sent to hell! (and now my son has a Maxx Model M4A-PRO in his AEG, so I'll move him to an ML inner barrel as well + MR bucking + 0.32g BB's, so a £10 silicone bucking has cost me a fortune).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, xWebster said:

can I repair with some ptfe tape?

image.jpeg.971c50326f153e87b11f5325ec8cee5e.jpeg

Seriously though, throw it away and buy a better rubber.

The trick is to not buy the low durometer silicone packings. Since silicone is so much grippier than rubber, the 85 degree has none of these issues while retaining all of the grip and all of the durability.

Maybe the 50-60 degree is crap, but the 80-85 sure isn't.

Maple Leaf's hardness chart is bollocks anyway.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.