Height Over Bore

Davegolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yeh barricade / barrel is a PITA with high HOB if your actually wanting to aim and no present a huge pop-up-pirate

yep, best i've managed is trying to angle my head and use the blockaded optic like an oeg, which kinda sorta works and is only marginally slower than pulling a qd optic and just walking the rounds in :P

22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

All the sites I play at have "no firing through a gap you can't get your head through" rules, so it should always be possible to get barrel and optic through the same hole.  In practice though, I do keep popping up just enough to just get the optic or sights on target, then shred wood.

the pk-1 says hi :P

41 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

All the sites I play at have "no firing through a gap you can't get your head through" rules, so it should always be possible to get barrel and optic through the same hole.  In practice though, I do keep popping up just enough to just get the optic or sights on target, then shred wood.

Then you shout 'friendly fire' 'check your fire ffs' 'marshal' 😂

Edited by Davegolf

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

simple, the majority of the time we're not being given the luxury of a man sized target.

we get a hand, or a leg, of half a face poking out from behind cover, a much smaller target. having the precision of both the pew and the optical setup to take advantage of those opportunities is useful.

Not saying I’m ‘deadshot’ or anything like that but even when it’s a small amount of player visible I can still usually hit them no problem without ‘optical assistance’ just through having a pretty good idea were the bb is likely to go as I alway try holding my guns the same way and aim and shoot from the same position every time I engage a target ?

wether that’s because I learned to shoot with iron sights and never with optics of any sort I don’t know , could be I suppose .

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Not saying I’m ‘deadshot’ or anything like that but even when it’s a small amount of player visible I can still usually hit them no problem without ‘optical assistance’ just through having a pretty good idea were the bb is likely as I alway try holding my guns the same way and aim and shoot from the same position every time I engage a target ?

wether that’s because I learned to shoot with iron sights and never with optics of any sort I don’t know , could be I suppose .

Definitely, British army always trained to be competent first & foremost on iron sights, often at extended ranges, those are the skills that never leave us👍

54 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Not saying I’m ‘deadshot’ or anything like that but even when it’s a small amount of player visible I can still usually hit them no problem without ‘optical assistance’ just through having a pretty good idea were the bb is likely to go as I alway try holding my guns the same way and aim and shoot from the same position every time I engage a target ?

I taught my daughter to shoot with irons.  At 14 she beat the then junior champion HFT number one in a shootout.  She could hardly miss with an optic.  

Muscle memory, consistent cheek weld/mount and experience win each time.  

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

oh for sure, the few times i've ran irons i haven't had too much trouble making awkward shots, and for sure i would not rank myself as any kind of expert marksman, or for that matter a particularly good marskman at all :P

but it's defo easier to do when both the sighting system and rif are working in your favour.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.